Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #1

Any Ideas?

Not sure what this is coming from, but after out last two trips I noticed rusty water on the back of our unit on what I think is the cover to the fridge. If you look at the photo you will see a small tube. I think that is where it is coming from. Easy to clean just want to make sure something is not wrong

Thanks All

Skip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(1).jpg
Views:	150
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	18959  
sor126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #2

Something is wrong. That is a condensate drain. There shouldn't be rusty water coming out. Open that panel and look for rust or rot. Check the vent cover on the roof to see if there are cracks or breaks in it.
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #3

looks exactly like the "goop" that was seeping into the storage compartment on my 8315ss.i also had the same stuff around the windows,doorframes and even out of the screwholes for the soap holder in the bathroom.i finally traced it to the rusty,loose screws on the gutter molding along the top side of the trailer..ultimately removed all the screws and replaced them with stainless steel,putting caulk on each one before i screwed them in. so far,no more "seepage" !

roof leak - My Photo Gallery
Old 08-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #4

There is no rust at all under the cover. Nice and clean. Have recently replace all vents on the unit. I have been on the roof and have not seen any rusty screws but I can check again
Old 08-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Look in the refer. There is a tray under the fins, under the freezer. Pour a little water in that tray, then run outside and see what runs out. Looks like there is no bug trap on your drain, may just be dirt dauber nest in it, and when you defrost, the water is melting the nest.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sor126 View Post
There is no rust at all under the cover. Nice and clean. Have recently replace all vents on the unit. I have been on the roof and have not seen any rusty screws but I can check again
the rusty screws were under the rubber trim on the gutter molding.that is also the trim that hold the edge of the roofing fabric in place.
i believe the water running off the roof into the gutter was wicking it way into the loose,rusty screwholes and working its way down thru the walls,seeping out of any opening on the way.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
Look in the refer. There is a tray under the fins, under the freezer. Pour a little water in that tray, then run outside and see what runs out. Looks like there is no bug trap on your drain, may just be dirt dauber nest in it, and when you defrost, the water is melting the nest.
Amen! This could also be spilled soda or some other food glop.

The defrost drain hose under the cooling fins goes right out to that area just like Windrider said!
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #8

Herk and Windrider, I think you may be on to something here, we were camping for 2 weeks at Devils Fork in SC and never saw anything back there but when we broke down the FW for storage, meaning the fridge was defrosting that is when it showed up. I will check it out!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #9

forgot to update y'all on this one. Windrider wins the prize on this one! It was a mud dauber nest way up in there. Cleaned it out and have been on several trips with no problems. Thanks everyone!