Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2022, 08:17 PM   #1

Any microwave experts?

I have a 2020 RPod 180 that I bought new in December 2019. It has a HighPointe microwave/convection oven (Model no: EC028KD7) installed from the factory which has worked perfectly fine for the past two years.

I just got back from a week long camping trip. The microwave worked fine except on the second to last day, I used the convection function to heat up some pancakes and then put some bacon in to cook via microwave. The convection worked as expected but the microwave function did not heat. The light turned on and the microwave turntable rotated, but the food was cold.

I thought maybe it was too hot from the convection so I let it cool and tried later. Still the same result. I tried unplugging the microwave and plugging it back in. Then I tried heating a cup of water. No heating from the microwave.

Once I got home, I tested again. And still no heating from the microwave.

Any thoughts? Anything simple to check?
Old 05-23-2022, 08:43 PM   #2

Most Microwaves have a fuse that feeds the transformer that powers the magnetron tube which produces the microwaves. If you feel like opening it, you will have to remove the unit and then remove the cover. Sometimes, the manufacturer uses tamper proof screws and you may have to buy bit or two. Of course, be careful. If you are not comfortable opening it up, don't!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 03:00 PM   #3

Thanks! I will check that out.

Tags
microwave