Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2016, 02:34 PM   #1

Thumbs down Any Quality Control?

I first ordered my fifth wheel May 10th. I received my fifth wheel July 14th. It travelled across the country just about to get to me.

Now I would think that before the unit leaves the plant they would go over it with a fine tooth comb.... or one that had some teeth in it.

I would think that during the PDI the dealer would go over it with a fine tooth come.... or one that had some teeth in it.

Not in my case. Somehow my Suburban stove got overlooked by everyone, including me. I do not cook much, being a widow and alone. One day I want to bake some enchiladas my daughter made for me. My oven door cannot close completely. I tried to post a picture but I don't think it uploaded. Not only that but the stove itself was installed incorrectly.

Now, I know it's under warranty but I do not have a tow vehicle so have no way to get it to a dealer. I've had to buy a countertop oven.

Just a word to the wise....please go over your new unit with a fine tooth comb that has all the teeth... twice.

2017 Sierra 371 REHB
43 ft. Fifth Wheel

Calsiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #2

Here hopefully are the pictures of my stove....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oven.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	120810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stove.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	120811  

2017 Sierra 371 REHB
43 ft. Fifth Wheel

Old 09-20-2016, 02:54 PM   #3

It looks like some one pushed down on the door too hard and bent the sides where the hinges attach by the looks of the picture.
BessieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #4

Welcome to RV ownership! haha Do as most other RV owners do and just fix stuff yourself. We bought a brand new Cedar Creek and there are several little things that need fixed that we will do ourselves because we can do it quicker and probably better.

If you cannot fix your stove because it's actually defective and not installed wrong, contact the dealer to see if they can send a serviceman to you or work something else out.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:01 PM   #5

Yes, I think you may be right, Jim & Anna. I'm thinking of having the Suburban stove taken out and replaced with a Wedgewood stovetop only; no oven. Now that I have a countertop oven I don't need the other. Also, it will give me room for pot/pan storage.

2017 Sierra 371 REHB
43 ft. Fifth Wheel

Old 09-26-2016, 02:59 PM   #6

no quality control

Sorry to hear of your plight !
I have a 2016 nitro, and sad to say I think they only focus on the bottom line!
We have had numerous issues also!
First call your dealer, then the factory.
You may have to pay a small fee for the service call, but you may end up with a completely new oven !
Don't ever take things as the are-EXPECT them to be as they SHOULD BE !
If you have no luck with both parties, try "RV REOLUTIONS" it is a free service from the magazine "trailer life".
I have not had to use them personally, but it is an interesting read. It seems some companies have to be publically shamed-then they will help!
the magazine is part of the good sam family.
Hope this helps, GOOD LUCK !!
kitshop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:27 PM   #7
Citrus County, Fl.

Find a mobile RV repair service that is authorized to do Forest River warranty work. The only thing you would have to pay for is the trip charge as the warranty does not cover that.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality