Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2017, 04:19 PM   #1

Anyone get the IRV34 front HDMI to work?

Okay, so I tried to get an Amazon Firestick to work on the front HDMI input on the IRV34. I know the TV source is correct and front HDMI is selected on the IRV because I do get a quick flash of the Amazon logo on the TV, but then it goes blue screen.

I can use the Firestick by plugging it directly into the TV HDMI and it works fine, but the Furion TV only has one HDMI and I'd rather not have to switch plugs

Searching I found a post where someone had the same problem with a Chrome Cast but they didn't get an answer.

Ray
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:06 AM   #2

I have a defective front HDMI input so I ran an HDMI cable to the rear input of the unit and out of the cabinet where the rest of the cables go in and out for the television.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmchapman View Post
I have a defective front HDMI input so I ran an HDMI cable to the rear input of the unit and out of the cabinet where the rest of the cables go in and out for the television.
Hmm, maybe I'll pull the unit and test the rear HDMI to see if those work with the firestick. If they do, I can run an extension HDMI out to plug things into.

Thanks!
Ray
US Navy Veteran
Old 05-03-2017, 02:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmchapman View Post
Thanks again DMchapman. I tested the rear HDMI and it works fine. I'm not sure what the difference may be between the front and rear, but it's obviously not a fluke since you, me, and others also having a front port problem.

I ended up just leaving the Firestick TV plugged directly into the back of the unit. It's actually nice and clean that way with no wires visible in the front and the bluetooth remote works fine through the cabinet.

Ray
US Navy Veteran
Old 05-06-2017, 06:05 AM   #5

Having same issue with 2017 Rockwood with IRV 66. Front HDMI doesn't work on firestick. Plugged Wii U in I can get pic but no sound. Will try rear HDMI. Was wanting to use firestick and gaming system with the 5.1 audio system.Manual is horrible. Sound is way too loud on level 1.Subwoofer response is blah. May swap out sub for an active.
coneslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneslayer View Post
Having same issue with 2017 Rockwood with IRV 66. Front HDMI doesn't work on firestick. Plugged Wii U in I can get pic but no sound. Will try rear HDMI. Was wanting to use firestick and gaming system with the 5.1 audio system.Manual is horrible. Sound is way too loud on level 1.Subwoofer response is blah. May swap out sub for an active.
I bet the rear port will work fine. If it does you can probably run an male/female HDMI extension cable out to where you can access it and plug things into it.

I wish IRV had an email support because this is obviously a problem throughout their units. Might even be a firmware update needed.

Ray
US Navy Veteran
Old 05-06-2017, 09:58 PM   #7

Yep the rear HDMI ports work.
coneslayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
irv