Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #1

Anyone use Uverse while camping?

Hello all,

I just joined the site today. I will do a proper intro soon.

I have a 2010 Rockwood Roo 21SS. I will be going to Road America in August to camp and also see the ALMS/GrandAm race. I would like to be able to watch the race live while we are there and was wondering how I could do so with Uverse. Has anyone had any luck with Uverse while camping ?
LeoBearCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

What's uverse?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #3

Sorry... AT&T Uverse.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #4

That's why we use Satellite TV (Dish or DirecTV). You can use UVerse but you'll have to have a really big spool of cable to pay out as you drive down the highway.

Note that Dish has a pay-as-you-go option. No contract and you tell them to turn it on and turn it off as you need it.

(I just use Dish at home...makes it simpler.)
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #5

What would it cost me for a basic HD dish package for the RV? This sounds like the eay to go.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #6

You knew I'd say "it depends" didn't you?

The receiver is available at Camping World for $100. (You might find a used one on Craig's List for less.)

Next you have have to have the satellite dish. Which one of those you want depends on your desire to have an "automatic" system or one where you have to learn to "point the dish" (at the satellite) yourself. The latter can be had (used) for less than say $50.

If you want automatic, the Dish Traveler is very popular. It's light, small, and self-contained. You just set it outside in a place where it can see the satellite. Put the coax on the jack. Follow the setup procedure on the receiver, and in about 10 minutes (of waiting for it to do it's thing) you'll have hi-def TV. That will set you back about $350 at Camping World.

Of course you can spend more and get something that will track the satellite continuously while you drive down the road.

Oh...and the min charge for 30 days of Dish programming (120 channels) is about $50 + taxes & fees.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote