Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #1

Atwood furnace fan Runs and Runs

I have an Atwood 85XX furnace. The moment I insert the fuse to power the furnace, the fan starts running. The thermostat is in the OFF position. The fan does not turn off. When I cycle the thermostat to "heat", the furnace does not attempt to light (no ignitor clicks sound). The owner's manual has no troubleshooting guidelines.

The trailer is 30 days old. The furnace worked fine during the maiden voyage. During storage, I goofed and left the batteries hooked up which drained to no voltage. When plugged in the trailer, the furnace fan came on running, regardless of thermostat position.

Any ideas or advice to troubleshoot?
'11 Lacrosse 296 BHS, 2- 6V batteries
74bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #2

To follow up after troubleshooting a little...the ignition module has some component on it that is sticking, most likely the motor relay. Tapping the module, clears the problem and the fan shuts off. The furnace restarts, ignites, and runs fine. On shutdown, the fan keeps running after the normal purge time passes. A tap on the board, and the fan shuts down.

Looks like I'll try to contact Prime Time to see if they are willing to warranty this directly to me rather than going to a dealer.
'11 Lacrosse 296 BHS, 2- 6V batteries
74bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
Villa Estate 392FLFB

yup sounds like something on the board. best bet would be to see if the dealer can fix it under warranty etc.

Tags
fan