Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2021, 10:36 AM   #1

Back up camera

Which back up camera will go onto an E Pro 19fd? I was told Furrion was good but didn’t know if it had to be specific to fit ?
Clandwirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 10:46 AM   #2

Any camera will "go onto" an E Pro 19fd. Any camera will "go onto" any RV. If your trailer is pre-wired for the camera it will probably have a Furrion sharkfin. If you select a different camera you may have to trade out that sharkfin or get an adapter. Most camera mfgs. make an adapter for that purpose.

Lots (and lots, and lots, and lots) of posts about camera's on this forum. There are much better cameras available at a much lower cost than Furrion. The consensus here seems to be the Haloview brand.

And you don't want a backup camera. You want an observation camera. A backup camera (like you see on Amazon) is made specifically for backing up - - lower frame rates, (usually) lower resolution. Over a few miles per hour and they begin acting up. An observation camera is capable of producing non-flickering, non-cutting out, video at highway speeds so you can see what's behind you as you drive.
yukongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 11:01 AM   #3

Thanks so much!! As you can tell, I really don’t know what to ask for… I’m a new camper owner and need all the help I can get backing up my camper!!! I appreciate any and all advice… was just wondering what would fit..
Old 10-14-2021, 11:55 AM   #4

I looked at the Haloview web site last week and the 1080P FHD 7 Inch Wired Rear View System $289.99 was out of stock. It has the 130 degree angle lens, which is different from the 170 degree back up camera.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 10-14-2021, 03:05 PM   #5

Hey I looked at the Haloview camera. That looks great! Do they shop from China ?
Old 10-14-2021, 03:13 PM   #6

When I bought my Haloview HD7 three camera system, it shipped from within the USA.
When I sold my last 5th wheel, purchaser did not want to pay for the camera upgrade so I removed it and installed it on my current 5er. I have zero complaints about the quality of the picture at freeway speeds.
2012 RAM 2500 Laramie CTD and 4:10
mmartin_tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 03:37 PM   #7

Hopkins vuesmart wireless trailer camera

When I took off the top red running light there were two black wires, the camera has one black and one red. I'm stumped, how do I figure this out?
Thanks!
wellsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 03:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsy View Post
When I took off the top red running light there were two black wires, the camera has one black and one red. I'm stumped, how do I figure this out?
Thanks!
Try running a ground wire to the frame and then use that to test to find out which of the black wires is the hot wire. - Using a multi meter or 12v tester of course.
2012 RAM 2500 Laramie CTD and 4:10
mmartin_tdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back up camera, camera