Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #1

Battery overcharging

This is a question from a newbie. I just returned from our first outing and plugged my MiniLite 2304KS into our 20 amp house current. Next morning I discovered acid leaking from the top of the battery. It appears to be overcharging. How do I regulate the inverter or at least stop it from charging the battery.
JB43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:02 PM   #2
Site Team

Assume you mean converter. You can turn off the breaker for the convertor or unplug from the 20A outlet.
A few questions on the overcharging. Was the battery very low when you started charging?
What is the voltage at the battery terminals when it is charging.
Is this a new battery.
Do you have a WFCO converter?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:58 AM   #3

Yes it is a converter, not an inverter. WFCO WF-8900 series. The battery was fully charged when I hooked up the outside current. I am not sure of the battery's age; I'm supposing it was original equipment. It was checked last month and certified as good condition. I did not check the terminal voltage while charging. I didn't want the acid to damage the frame, so I removed the battery while doing the clean up.
JB43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, charging