Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2014, 05:16 PM   #21
CLT
Next Gen Camperbot 5000XL

My all of my kids were that blonde when they were first born. Now my daughter has brown hair. When I married my wife her hair was about white during the summer.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #22

My daughter was born with jet black hair and it grew in almost white. Mine was the same way

TV = 2016 F-150 5.0L SCREW
Pit Crew: DW (Robin)
Kids: 9yo DD (Riley), 5yo DD (Kennedy)
Security: Boxer (Harley), yorkie (Willow)
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:17 PM   #23

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeB View Post
she's aight....
No wonder it's hot in your trailer....I don't think dual air would help.

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #24

Update.....

Took my SolAire back to the dealer yesterday and I already got a call this morning. The AC unit was bad (brand new/never used) and the dealer ordered a new one. It was in stock in Indiana, which is usually a 1-2 day delivery point. They will install it as soon as it arrives and I should be able to pick it up Wednesday! Woohoo!

Let's hope it all goes as planned. They have a few other small things to do. After my first trip out, here is my damages...

1. Drawers next to oven on kitchen slide out all gave out. Support that was holding all of the drawers in place was stapled in and 3 out 4 staples missed because the board was cut too short. This I went ahead and fixed myself and cut a new board and used cabinet screws like it should have had

2. Two of my frameless windows roll out but not back in. Dealer will fix

3. AC is bad. Dealer to fix

4. Long trim along the ceiling came off...dealer to fix

I did one of the more difficult fixes for them as I didnt want to have the TT there longer than a week (and I wanted it done right). Plus, I used to install kitchen cabinets...

Old 05-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #25
CLT

At least it looks like a short repair timeframe. So you can get your fishing pole and take off campin'. HAHA!

That's strange on the windows. Wonder what's up with that...
Old 05-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #26

The problems you have "BlakeB" seem to be appearing way too much in the RV industry. I read posts on this site almost daily about brand new units with problems and it seems that the owner finding these problems live the longest distances back to dealers. I have a friend (yep, just one) who recently bought a brand new 2014 Jayco "super-duper" $37,000 29 footer. This thing has a slide out living room and two (2) slides in the back with bunk beds on each side. Heck, his square footage must be close to what my house is. But--upon arriving home from the dealer which is about 100 miles away his living room would not go out. He had no water coming from the kitchen sink and his A/C thermostat would not work, although his heater would work. After a few phone calls with the dealer telling him to bring it back he got frustrated and hung up on them. Then he calls me. The fuse for the slide had blown so that one was easy. I had to remove the water lines to the kitchen sink to prove that there was no water coming through either line. Tracing the lines back I found that where they were supposed to be connected to the main water line(s), both hot and cold, they had never been hooked up. The "T"'s in each line had plugs in the side for the water lines. Got that one solved. The thermostat just didn't work for the A/C. I could get the A/C on by jumping across two terminals but the system would not work with the factory Duo-Therm thermostat. A trip to Lowe's, a new Hunter digital thermostat just like mine, and we had the A/C working properly. I'm thinking "How many pennies would it cost the factory to install a digital thermostat rather than those rinky-dink analog type.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:20 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
The problems you have "BlakeB" seem to be appearing way too much in the RV industry. I read posts on this site almost daily about brand new units with problems and it seems that the owner finding these problems live the longest distances back to dealers. I have a friend (yep, just one) who recently bought a brand new 2014 Jayco "super-duper" $37,000 29 footer. This thing has a slide out living room and two (2) slides in the back with bunk beds on each side. Heck, his square footage must be close to what my house is. But--upon arriving home from the dealer which is about 100 miles away his living room would not go out. He had no water coming from the kitchen sink and his A/C thermostat would not work, although his heater would work. After a few phone calls with the dealer telling him to bring it back he got frustrated and hung up on them. Then he calls me. The fuse for the slide had blown so that one was easy. I had to remove the water lines to the kitchen sink to prove that there was no water coming through either line. Tracing the lines back I found that where they were supposed to be connected to the main water line(s), both hot and cold, they had never been hooked up. The "T"'s in each line had plugs in the side for the water lines. Got that one solved. The thermostat just didn't work for the A/C. I could get the A/C on by jumping across two terminals but the system would not work with the factory Duo-Therm thermostat. A trip to Lowe's, a new Hunter digital thermostat just like mine, and we had the A/C working properly. I'm thinking "How many pennies would it cost the factory to install a digital thermostat rather than those rinky-dink analog type.
I agree with you...Some things are better off fixed yourself. A trip to the dealer is never really something anyone wants to do. I know things can go wrong with a new TT but some things are just bad mistakes. We typically trade up every couple of years and I will make sure I pick a closer dealer to buy from. (even though my dealer has been awesome).

My first TT was a 2012 GrayWolf 28BH that NEVER had any problems and never made a trip back to the dealer. I went from a less expensive line to a $30k line and get the issues. I guess more bells and whistles means more to go wrong.

All and all, im still happy with my purchase. Any manufacturer will have all of these same issues. Hell...your driving a house down a highway.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:53 PM   #28

Update.....

So I took my SolAire in for the fixes on Thursday last week and just got a call that everything is done! Awesome dealership. Ordered new AC, shipped out, installed, tested, and the rest of the list DONE! In 4 days! And they are a "week to 2wks out".

Shout out to Countryside RV in Colfax, Iowa!!

Old 06-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #29
CLT

That's awesome! Not that it is going to make your hot wife non-hot, but it will! Down doggie. Zap! HEY WAS THAT YOU??? AC good!!!

Quick turn times. I'm hoping to find that from my dealer here also. We'll soon see. Making the first camping trip and then doing my list. If too long, I will get it to them sooner rather than later.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT View Post
That's awesome! Not that it is going to make your hot wife non-hot, but it will! Down doggie. Zap! HEY WAS THAT YOU??? AC good!!!

Quick turn times. I'm hoping to find that from my dealer here also. We'll soon see. Making the first camping trip and then doing my list. If too long, I will get it to them sooner rather than later.
Oh the FATTER she get's, the HOTTER she gets! Forget her...I need the AC to cool ME down!

Old 06-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #31

I ordered mine with 2 15k a/c....they worked fine. ...then preg wife was still hot(as I wore socks becuase everything was cold to touch!!)....good luck with that man! Lol

sent from fat fingers via a space dish thing with no regard to grammer.
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #32
CLT

Quote:
Oh the FATTER she get's, the HOTTER she gets! Forget her...I need the AC to cool ME down!
I have only three things to say:

Old 06-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #33

Quote:
I have only three things to say:

She loves my humor....only because she is gorgeous and I tell her all the time

Old 06-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #34
CLT

Was that really a pic of your wife before? I thought you just Googled "hot pregnant woman" and posted a pic. If it was, two thumbs up. And congrats on the little RV'er to be.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #35

Quote:
Was that really a pic of your wife before? I thought you just Googled "hot pregnant woman" and posted a pic. If it was, two thumbs up. And congrats on the little RV'er to be.
No it wasn't... I do have pics of her like that and she is as good looking, but unfortunately she would NOT let me post the one of her online.... I dont really want them out there like that anyway. They are very tasteful as I do her photo shoots, but it's her call on if I can post it. Im not a professional...just a hobby photographer.

That IS my lil one though....

Old 06-03-2014, 07:14 AM   #36
CLT

Quote:
I dont really want them out there like that anyway.
Don't blame you one bit. I'm like that too.

Back on the AC, do you plan on taking a table fan also? I know we only have one AC vent in the bedroom and that probably wouldn't be enough airflow for your wife in her current scenario. I'd have to go look at your floorplan but I'm too lazy this AM...
Old 06-03-2014, 07:34 AM   #37

We have 2 vents right above the bed blowing down so we'll see how it is and go from there. We may be ok

Old 06-03-2014, 07:37 AM   #38
CLT

That's it...I'm upgrading. Haven't even made a trip in mine yet and you already have me feeling like I cheaped out.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:41 PM   #39

Quote:
That's it...I'm upgrading. Haven't even made a trip in mine yet and you already have me feeling like I cheaped out.
upgrading...the dw or the ac....LOL?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Forest River Forums mobile app
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:13 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
upgrading...the dw or the ac....LOL?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Tags
repair