Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #1

Cable stations switching back to guide

2015 Georgetown (first trip out with this unit) - I know this sounds crazy...but I looked up everything on TV setup on the forum and couldn't find this addressed. When I hooked up to cable at our campsite last week we hooked up the cable and turned connection box off antenna to cable input. Switched TV to cable input and auto scanned and received 27 channels - all good so far. However every 2 to 3 minutes the station we were watching switched back to channel 2 which was the channel guide...we would turn to another channel and 2 - 3 minutes later it would switch back to channel 2 the channel guide again, again, and again. Picture was very clear but wouldn't stay on selected channel???
After searching the forum I did discover that the antenna booster needs to be turned off when using cable. Being new I wasn't aware and don't think I did that but my question is - would that (although clear picture) make the selected channel kick back to the channel guide after each selection???
Old 06-26-2016, 07:37 AM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Really well worded situation you are experiencing.....sometimes pictures cannot add anymore.

I'm guessing you are now not in a position to turn off the booster switch and run the scan once again to see if the problem repeats itself. Took awhile before I too found out the booster should be off when using cable.

Maybe you could try disconnecting the cable, switch the box and TV back to antennae, run your scan, and see if the channels stay put when using this configuration.

Then repeat your complete install for cable and see what happens. I'm not sure where the command to revert back to channel 2 all the time comes from, but I suspect the TV has that feature imbedded somewhere. After all, when scanning, you're using the tuner from within the TV.

Not sure if that's any help.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:28 AM   #3

Some tv's revert back to channel 2 when they lose power, maybe you have a loose power connection somewhere?

Brian
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:40 AM   #4
clr

I would locate your power button for the antenna booster and turn it off and redo the scan setup for the TV. The power button is normally on the DC outlet near the back of the TV close to the location of the outside antenna. It does sound like the over the air antenna is interfering with the cable, and this is normal with the booster turned on. Turn the booster off and all should be fine.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:05 AM   #5

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll be going out next week and will try them all. I'm hoping that is what it is, just turning power booster off...stay tuned (pun intended )
Old 06-26-2016, 10:20 AM   #6

I'm putting some weight on a power interruption causing the TV to revert to ch2. Is it possible that the air conditioning or something else is turning on at the time that your TV changes channels?

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #7

No...no power surge. There wasn't anything else on, no a/c, no radio, not even any lights. The TV was the only thing on and we had 50 amp service with a power surge protector. I know it's the strangest thing I ever seen. I'm looking forward to next week to see if it happens again with the antenna booster off...if not it's back to the drawing board