Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2018, 04:31 PM   #1

Cable TV wiring issue

Have a 2014 Primetime Crusader, when the cable is being used at the camp ground the only TV that gets it is in the living room. The other TVs in the bedrooms work with the antenna. Is it wired wrong and if so how can we correct it? I really don't want to run a cable wire through my living room to get the cable that is included at the campground to the bedroom.
sam88dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #2
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam88dj View Post
Have a 2014 Primetime Crusader, when the cable is being used at the camp ground the only TV that gets it is in the living room. The other TVs in the bedrooms work with the antenna. Is it wired wrong and if so how can we correct it? I really don't want to run a cable wire through my living room to get the cable that is included at the campground to the bedroom.
In my 5'ver I had the exact same problem...only backwards!

For starters...the outside cable line was hooked up to the OUTPUT of a splitter behind the basement wall.

Splitters are one way only, which is one reason why I wasn't getting signal to the living room TV.

Secondly, I discovered that the built-in stereo/AM/FM/CD/DVD player's antenna was hooked to another splitter inside of the entertainment center, which was shorting out the cable signal coming from the front of the trailer.

It is now unhooked from the splitter as once I did that I had a perfect beautiful TV picture!

Hope this helps.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:47 PM   #3
Carknocker Family

On my 14 model Salem, they had the satellite and the cable wired backwards or labeled incorrectly. Try hooking up the campground cable to your satellite port and see if that helps.

I vaguely remember the salesman during pdi telling us satellite would only work in living room and cable in both.

Try swapping
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, wiring