Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #1

Can I get TV signal from TV in camper to outside video jack

I have a 2011 Puma Unleashed 356QLB with a concertone ZX700/"entertainment system"(I use that term loosely)that barley works with the remote. I am wondering if it is possible to keep my TV inside the camper and place another TV outside and watch the same program/game that is on in the camper through the video jack that is mounted outside? I tried this weekend to accomplish this task to no avail. Is it possible that my awesomely awesome piece of junk concertone zx700 is the culprit for not allowing me to do this? If it is possible, could someone let me know how it is done?
2006 Polaris H.O. 500EFI Sportsman
1996 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
jlbreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbreaux View Post
I am wondering if it is possible to keep my TV inside the camper and place another TV outside and watch the same program/game that is on in the camper through the video jack that is mounted outside?
Are you talking about the cable and/or sat coax jack on the outside of your trailer?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #3

Yes I am, I tried both(RCA video jack and cable) with no luck. I swapped cables,kicked cussed and eventually gave up.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Yes I am, I tried both(RCA video jack and cable) with no luck. I swapped cables,kicked cussed and eventually gave up.
OK, that is actually an input jack to allow you to hook up to cable (for parks that offer it) and/or portable satellites..........to view on the television inside your RV.

Some RV's do come pre-wired with an output jack that has an outlet on the outside to hook up another television.

I will find some wiring schematics to show you how it goes in to the RV , thru the antenna booster, to the television.

If you don't have an outside output jack (not the cable/sat input), Do you have a coax outlet in the bedroom of your trailer? If so, you could hook a coax cable into it, and run it to the outside of your trailer to hook into an outside television.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Could you post a picture of that outside connection? If it takes RCA plugs, it's not the park-cable connection.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #6

I am sorry I did not specify, the RCA video jack and cable connector are not to hook up for park service. The cable and satellite connectors (inputs) are at the rear of my camper. The connectors in question are the ones by the main door(opposite side) under the outside TV mounting bracket. I was watching the satellite (Dish network) and was trying to get the signal outside.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
I am sorry I did not specify, the RCA video jack and cable connector are not to hook up for park service. The cable and satellite connectors (inputs) are at the rear of my camper. The connectors in question are the ones by the main door(opposite side) under the outside TV mounting bracket. I was watching the satellite (Dish network) and was trying to get the signal outside.
OK, that helps a lot in understanding this. Can you help a little more?

If I understand this (am still speculating), you have a satellite (Dish) outside the RV, probably hooked up to the cable/sat-in connection at the back of your trailer. How do You have a DISH receiver box connected to your inside TV and to the outside satellite dish?

Old 10-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #8

That is correct. I have the winegard carryout auto acquire antenna and I connect it to the satellite input at the back of the camper. Inside I have the receiver connected to the AUX/SAT plate and the receiver is connected to the TV by a HDMI cable. When I bring the big tv outside I hook up the antenna directly to the receiver and TV, I do not use the antenna port or video port outlets on the outside of the camper. I am trying to avoid bringing my big TV that is mounted on the swivel bracket outside and bring my 22 inch flat-screen we have in our bedroom outside, it is quicker and easier.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #9

Wow; this is very confusing.

Since it makes no difference (that I can see) which TV you bring outside, I'm concluding that you are trying to avoid bringing your Sat receiver outside (since it's connected to the big TV).

If I've got that right, then it sounds like what you want to do is to connect the modulator output of the receiver (coax output, assuming it have as one) into the cable system in your RV so it will feed all of the TVs (including the jack outside).

I will give more information on how to do that once you verify that I've guessed correctly at what you're really trying to do.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Wow; this is very confusing.

Since it makes no difference (that I can see) which TV you bring outside, I'm concluding that you are trying to avoid bringing your Sat receiver outside (since it's connected to the big TV).

If I've got that right, then it sounds like what you want to do is to connect the modulator output of the receiver (coax output, assuming it have as one) into the cable system in your RV so it will feed all of the TVs (including the jack outside).

I will give more information on how to do that once you verify that I've guessed correctly at what you're really trying to do.
You are 100% correct. I can connect the 2nd TV to the receiver with a RCA cable, but in order to avoid running a RCA cable out a window,through the door etc. I would like to connect it to the outside video output. Sorry for the confusion but you did figure it out.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #11

Outside jack I am trying to get video out of
Click image for larger version

Name:	rca output.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	41635
Old 10-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #12

We need a teenager/ to 20s yr old person.......... We have a 2013 356 but it has a Genesis system.... We use our outside jacks but I am tech challenged & only use the park cable with the coax. hookup. It was great taking the big TV out to watch a game but it takes two people to deal with line up with the swing arm & the bracket on the side of the trailer....... Never tried a sat. dish. I do know that we have only been able to use the main TV through the Genesis system to watch a DVD. But my question is does the bedroom hookup allow you to use the sat. dish??? If so the outside coax TV hook up should as well.

Our trailer is not here right now so I can not go out & check anything but I would say alot depends on how you have the Sat. Receiver hooked up.

For info to those trying to help The Puma 356 QLB has a cable & separate sat. coax inputs at the outside rear. On the side between the doors is a TV mounting bracket & a Coax / Hdmi outlet to hook a TV into.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #13

Ok. Good.

The problem with what you're proposing is that it won't get you any audio. The yellow video jack is really video only. (I'm also not sure it's an output, but that's not so important.)

What model of Sat receiver are you using? Does it have a coax output on the back?
Old 10-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
But my question is does the bedroom hookup allow you to use the sat. dish??? If so the outside coax TV hook up should as well.
The coax hookup in the bedroom is for open air antenna only. I have tried the satellite/cable and only thing I can catch is open air TV.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
For info to those trying to help The Puma 356 QLB has a cable & separate sat. coax inputs at the outside rear. On the side between the doors is a TV mounting bracket & a Coax / Hdmi outlet to hook a TV into.
I really appreciate that. If it was HDMI we'd be good to go. Unfortunately it looks like the 2011 only had a composite video (and RF) connectors.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
That is correct. I have the winegard carryout auto acquire antenna and I connect it to the satellite input at the back of the camper. Inside I have the receiver connected to the AUX/SAT plate and the receiver is connected to the TV by a HDMI cable. When I bring the big tv outside I hook up the antenna directly to the receiver and TV, I do not use the antenna port or video port outlets on the outside of the camper. I am trying to avoid bringing my big TV that is mounted on the swivel bracket outside and bring my 22 inch flat-screen we have in our bedroom outside, it is quicker and easier.
OK, so we know what you are trying to do with sending the signal from your DISH receiver to an outside TV using existing wiring in your RV..............are you also stating that you want to have DISH on both the inside and outside tv at the same time?

From what I am deducing from the above emboldened text, you have hooked the DISH satellite and receiver to an outside tv before, but just ran the cable straight from the satellite dish to the receiver.... all on the outside of the trailer?

Do you happen to have a winegard video distribution center (or something similar) in the trailer near the main TV? The reason I ask is if you do, we can probably fix this easily.

Video Distribution Center VS5312A - Winegard

Old 10-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Ok. Good.

The problem with what you're proposing is that it won't get you any audio. The yellow video jack is really video only. (I'm also not sure it's an output, but that's not so important.)

What model of Sat receiver are you using? Does it have a coax output on the back?
I am fine with no audio on the outside TV, I am wondering if the AUX/SAT port on the inside wall (by the TV) is the actual video port outside. If I could find a wiring diagram for that thing it would help out, but I have tore up the camper and the file cabinet in the house looking for one with no luck.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #18

Oh I have a VIP222k receiver and it does have RCA outputs for TV 1 and TV2 as well as a coax for home distribution.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Inside I have the receiver connected to the AUX/SAT plate and the receiver is connected to the TV by a HDMI cable.
Quote:
I am wondering if the AUX/SAT port on the inside wall (by the TV) is the actual video port outside.
Are you talking about the same port in both posts?

If so, then this is the outlet that is connected at the other end to your satellite dish......and does not go to the second outside TV or you wouldn't have a signal on your DISH receiver.

As I am understanding yourcurrent setup.....you have input via the satellite dish to the cable/sat inlet at the back of your trailer..which runs to the SAT/AUX plate in your trailer....which you hook to your DISH receiver. That's all input to the DISH receiver.

Now for output from the receiver to a TV, you just have the HDMI cable going from the receiver to one television. There is actually nothing else hooked to the receiver to output the signal to anything else. Correct?

Old 10-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #20

So sorry for the confusion,I can connect a 2nd TV to the receiver with the rca outputs behind the receiver. What I am wondering is can I connect the video out from the receiver to one of the jacks on the side wall inside the camper to go to the outside rec video jack.

I am trying to go from my satellite receiver(video output for TV2) to one of these to use existing wiring in the camper to go

Name:	jacks.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	41642

to the video jack here

Name:	rca output.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	41644