Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2019, 10:46 AM   #21
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
I think I'd be more incline to use a good Space Heater over the fireplace. I've had an electric fireplace at home that sometimes the temp sensor wouldn't shut it off at set temp and it would just keep running. Never overheated, but did warm the room up quite a bit.
I have a couple of Blink XT2 cameras inside the 38' motorhome, usually one on the dash looking back and one in the rear bath looking forward. The new XT2 version has both a microphone and a temperature sensor. I keep the Low temp alarm at 40 on both. They report into my phone using the motorhome's hotspot.

Both XT2's were showing 47 degrees last night while the weather station sitting directly above the fireplace showed 63 degrees. The outside air temperature got down to 26 overnight.

I do use a 1,500/750 watt floor-mounted space heater in the rear bath, set to Low, and keep it set to rotate when it turns on. I can see it with the rear camera. It's set to 50 degrees and when I see on the camera that the heater has rotated to a new position I know it got below 50.

I may turn on the Airxcel AirComand Heat Pump/Air Conditioner fans to circulate some air through the ducted system just to see the effect at the far ends of the motorhome. I can hold the Fan button down for several seconds and that will force the fan to run continuously.

FWIW,

Ray
Old 11-13-2019, 01:49 PM   #22

I used the electric fireplace constantly in our RV. I felt very safe with it on when the temp outside got to cold for the electric fireplace to handle the main heater was set to a lower temp and it would kick in.
tugboat369 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, fireplace