Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2018, 01:34 PM   #61
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
I have not found any of these magic sticks, devices or anything that will pull in Hulu, Netflix, the internet, Pandora, etc. Without a signal from a Wifi network or a Cell Phone Signal. It just doesn't happen!

If you know of some technology that exists that allows you connection to the outside world other than satellite, Wifi with network/internet connection or cell phone signal let everyone know. So far none of these devices can provide you with anything without a cell signal or wifi signal from somewhere.

I don’t think anybody’s said you can stream stuff from the internet without the internet. It’s a given that if you want stuff from the internet, you have to be connected to the internet.

But, some of these devices will let you play local stuff you have already on your phone/tablet to your TV without having to connect to the internet.

Like I stated above, if I had, say, some home movies on my phone, I can connect my phone to my Apple TV via Bluetooth, and play those home movies. All without an internet connection or a pre-existing Wi-Fi network.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:37 PM   #62
Bill & Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecrazyfoo4u View Post
Well you aren't trying to stream live content without WiFi or data, of course that's impossible. What we do is download Netflix or Vudu movies ahead of time. Now just want to display what is on our phones or tablet to the TV. You would think a simple adapter cable could work, but it only works for Samsung and apple apparently.
If you have pre-recorded media on your phone in your phone will cast you do not need wifi or the Internet to do that. Hey Smart TV with mirroring or using a fire stick or ScrenBeamMini2 will work fine.
km5xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:28 PM   #63

I use Apple TV to transfer shows to my tv
salvarad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:42 PM   #64

Go to Radio Shack, tell them what you would like to do. Got our cord and instructions from them. Use our Verizon service to stream. No WiFi needed. Actually got phone number assigned to I pad for this purpose. No charge for line through Verizon.
okie dokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:54 PM   #65

Another option. If your set-up requires a router to stream phone to TV ( no internet connection involved) AND you have the Lippert MyRV controls in your rig, then you can connect TV and phone to the Lippert router for streaming. The password for the Lippert router is the same as used if you set up the MyRV app on your phone.
I was able to do this last week using a 1st generation Roku stick plugged into a Vizio smart TV streaming from a Samsung Note 8. The Vizio TV isn't smart enough for casting to it directly (no wi-fi direct) and the old Roku stick required a router connection to work.
Some people don't realize you can connect devices over wi-fi without an internet connection. Wi- fi is one radio transceiver and internet, unless hard wired is another radio transceiver. Bluetooth, while not used in this application is yet another radio, many times either a transmitter or receiver only. Bluetooth in most phones are transceivers. GPS is yet another transceiver. Then there's NFC.
Are you confused yet?
Old 04-20-2019, 05:51 AM   #66
CMSgt Retired

I want to connect my iPhone to my Rv ccd system, mainly for GPS. Anyone done that?
Don’t want to spend a lot of $$ on adapters, lightning to hdmi & then to AV, if it won’t work.
Also found a lighting adapter to AV but it’s a knock off not apple. So it may not work.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:24 AM   #67

Not what you asked.

We wanted to stream from the Apple phones to our modern tv with hdmi inputs.

Held my breath and bought the Apple adapter. Not a knockoff!!!!

Works easily. We stream mlb, Netflix, Spectrum. Also works with the iPad for a 50” monitor. As I remember the cord was $40 or $50. Be careful as there are special cords that are not the same. Knock offs do not work. There is some chip in the Apple cord so my kid says.

The adapter also allows simultaneous charging so you do not run out of battery in the fourth quarter. Watched the Michigan football game against that team from Ohio in the middle of knowhere.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:36 AM   #68
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

x2 - Use Screen Mirroring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben31 View Post
If you have a Samsung Phone, it is really easy. Turn on the TV, Blu-Ray Player or Hub then follow the direction below:

To connect wirelessly, go to your phone's Settings, then tap on Connections > Screen mirroring. Turn mirroring on, and your compatible HDTV, Blu-ray player, or AllShare Hub should appear in the device list. Choose your device and mirroring will begin automatically.

Every phone and tablet I have is able to broadcast using the screen mirroring and we do it all the time - that is certainly the simplest way IMHO. We use a Firestick in our TT and access Netflix, Amazon, etc., that way. But sometimes we just want to look at the pictures we took that day or whatever...screen mirror does it with ease.
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:53 AM   #69
CMSgt Retired

Thanks. I will give it a Try. The adapters are avail on amazon for about $50. Great if it works. I have unlimited WiFi on my phone so I can get Tv, Netflix & GPS basically for free. No extra fees.
jIMBO257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:35 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by jIMBO257 View Post
Thanks. I will give it a Try. The adapters are avail on amazon for about $50. Great if it works. I have unlimited WiFi on my phone so I can get Tv, Netflix & GPS basically for free. No extra fees.
What plan gives you unlimited data?
Old 04-20-2019, 11:52 AM   #71

I have Kricket now. We have 5 phones unlimited for $125 mo.
We had Metro PCS it was the same $ but I didn’t like the coverage.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:32 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
I have Kricket now. We have 5 phones unlimited for $125 mo.
We had Metro PCS it was the same $ but I didn’t like the coverage.
Look at TMobile 55+ plan. Two lines unlimited data, phone and text. $60 including taxes for both lines. And while critics say TMobile is not as good as ATT or Verizon - we rarely have slow or no service. We are also mostly in the Eastern part of the US.
360true is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:55 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360true View Post
Look at TMobile 55+ plan. Two lines unlimited data, phone and text. $60 including taxes for both lines. And while critics say TMobile is not as good as ATT or Verizon - we rarely have slow or no service. We are also mostly in the Eastern part of the US.

10-4. I had at&t/iPhone for about 8 years. New wife had Sprint. I was paying 90+ and she was paying $300 for 4 phones. We combined and payed $125 for 5 phones. I didn’t like the coverage with Metro and a few weeks ago changed to Kricket...so far I am happy. We also got rid of the overpriced Direct TV. Scaling down.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote