Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #1

can someone help the new kid here with a couple of questions about surround sound?

hello and thanks for any help...i have two questions i'm sure are familiar. first is can someone tell me in simple lingo how to connect my surround sound speakers to my tv. i have a 2011 salem and the stereo is a ZX50..only number i've found and my tv is a fairly new vizio. also, i'm in an rv park and the wifi at times is ok and i connect right up and sites pop up when i click on them. sometimes the signal is weak and if it will connect...it won't go any where really. what can one do to connect better to the wifi and make it quicker...if it can be done. i have a netbook and a desk top pc both with win7. thanks and if more info is needed i'll give any i can.
rb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:24 AM   #2

I have a similar model, I just push the mode button until I have sound that is from my TV. Here's a link to a manual that might help? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Aav9IaM1GtDXBA The key here, is the Cornerstone ZX50 connected to the TV? If it has been recently replaced, good chance it's not.

As far as WIFI. Not much help there. I know that WIFI is only good for about 300ft from the transmitter, so you might want to ask where the repeater or transmitter is. Or ask if they could add another to boost signal?

Good Luck

2017 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab 6.7L Cummins 4X4 38k mls
2010 Forest River Flagstaff 831QBSS - Equal-i-zer Hitch
2011 HD FatboyLo & 2000 Honda Shadow 1100
Nights Camped 2010 (7), 2011 (15), 2012 (35) 2013 (40) 2014 (22) 2015 (12) 2016 (10) 2017 (10) 2018 (10)
troyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:46 AM   #3
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
WiFi Antennas - Long Range WiFi Antennas USB Adapters Coaxial Cables and WiFi Tutorials

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #4

The only connection option you have on the "stereo" is the analog audio (RCA red & white). Just make sure you have a cable going from the back INPUTS to the TV outputs (and you can't get surround sound, but the TV audio will come out of the stereo speakers).

It will be rare for you to get usable Wifi at a CG. If it matters to you, you'll want to use some sort of cell-tower hot-spot Wifi.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #5
Professional Curmudgeon

WIFI service in campgrounds and RV parks is notoriously poor. Especially if you are in an aluminum sided camper. However, there are products available to increase your reception. Here is an article about one, though it isn't the only one on the market, it'll get you started on your search, though.
Improve Wi-Fi Reception
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I use JEFE Tech antenna and WIFI router. At the Goshen rally I had WIFI from the Elkart Fair ground system all week when others had to use their cell phone Hot Spot. And I was in the far back corner by the tracks.

JEFA Tech: Long Range WiFi Repeater Kit for RVs
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyt View Post
I have a similar model, I just push the mode button until I have sound that is from my TV. Here's a link to a manual that might help? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Aav9IaM1GtDXBA The key here, is the Cornerstone ZX50 connected to the TV? If it has been recently replaced, good chance it's not.

As far as WIFI. Not much help there. I know that WIFI is only good for about 300ft from the transmitter, so you might want to ask where the repeater or transmitter is. Or ask if they could add another to boost signal?

Good Luck
ok the mode button doesn't end it so it must need to be wired but do i get access to the glove box
rb56 is offline   Reply With Quote