Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2020, 03:18 PM   #1

Can’t get cable to work

New to this I asked a question a few weeks again and was so helpful I thought I would try again. First I’m not tech savvy. I can figure out some things but.... this has me stumped! We have a 2021 FR Sunseeker, came with Connexx TV’s, Winegard TV antenna! (Not a satellite antenna). I tried to connect up to the RV parks cable system to coach NOTHING works. TV says to scan channels I’ve done it five times no results! Blank screen! What am I missing or doing wrong. Have all manuals tried to use them unfortunately I don’t have a PHD in setting up Electronic ☹️ Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance
KSanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Do you have the antenna booster button on? It needs to be off, to work for cable.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:38 PM   #3
PhD, Common Sense

Make sure your TV is set to cable before you scan for channels.

Also make sure the antenna booster is off. It is likely a small button next to the jack behind the TV.

If you have multiple inlet jacks outside the RV, try another jack. The one I have that is marked “cable” does not work. I have to plug into the one marked “satellite”.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:04 PM   #4

Cable

I looked for the antenna boaster behind the tv I see nothing!

We only have 1 place to connect to cable!

I did have it connected to cable went through the setup wizard for cable then did a scan! Still shows blue screen with a box that says scan for channels. I have also reset to default settings and stared over same thing. I give up. We have to go back the our dealership as soon a replacement parts come in week or so I think I’m going to have them show me what is wrong! My luck there’s a issue with the RV! We have had 27 issues and we purchased it end of August 2020!
KSanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSanders View Post
I think I’m going to have them show me what is wrong!
That's a good idea. Our button for the booster is on the panel where all our indicator lights are located near the stairs. If the dealer hadn't shown us where it was, we probably never would have found it. If that button isn't 'off' we get the bluescreen on our tv.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:04 PM   #6

Some RV parks require a cable decoder box of some sort.
On my TT, from the factory there is only a TV cable output for an exterior TV. Since I don't watch TV outside, I removed that cable inside from the antenna amplifier and put it on a new cable wallplate to make that connector outside an inlet.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:47 AM   #7
PhD, Common Sense

Many antenna booster buttons have an LED that lights up when the booster is on. It is almost always right next to the button. Look for the LED light.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:57 AM   #8
Site Team

I'm not sure on your unit, but sometimes the power injector is in the bedroom and the coax is routed there first then to the rest of the outlets.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:11 PM   #9

Cable box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
Some RV parks require a cable decoder box of some sort.
On my TT, from the factory there is only a TV cable output for an exterior TV. Since I don't watch TV outside, I removed that cable inside from the antenna amplifier and put it on a new cable wallplate to make that connector outside an inlet.
Our campground has encoded cable. Residents and transients get a cable box from the office, and a cable segment if needed. But the office staff almost invariably forget to offer the equipment to newcomers. They usually wind up asking other campers for the secret after a day or so.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:38 PM   #10

Happened to me once. The little coax pin was bent and not making a connection to the ceiling connector. Don't recall if it was the first time trying it (i.e., came that way from FR) or I had done a sloppy job connecting it. Either way, glad it was that simple.
PodGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:27 PM   #11

Check at the office to make sure cable is really available/working. They usually have a device to detect a signal and how strong it is. I had a Television with a blown out tuner. Luckily it was still on warranty and got it replaced.
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:41 PM   #12

Switched plugs

Our new Vibe, has a port for Satellite hookup and one for Cable. Each is labeled from the factory on the outside of the camper. However they are labeled backwards. In order to get cable, I have to run the Coaxial cable to the Satellite feed and then the TV will work. Also have to push the button on the electric plug behind the TV so that the green light comes on. Hope this helps.
GarrettVibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:44 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettVibe View Post
Our new Vibe, has a port for Satellite hookup and one for Cable. Each is labeled from the factory on the outside of the camper. However they are labeled backwards. In order to get cable, I have to run the Coaxial cable to the Satellite feed and then the TV will work. Also have to push the button on the electric plug behind the TV so that the green light comes on. Hope this helps.
Everyone else has to make that light turn OFF to receive cable channels.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:56 PM   #14

I believe you are correct, I had to try several different things before I finally got the cable to work. But the biggest discovery was the cable/satellite plugs labeled wrong at the factory.
GarrettVibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:58 PM   #15

GarrettVibe: I feel your pain!! I went into all the cable web and got them all straightened out. The factory worker that rigged the cable wires must have been colorblind!!!
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable