Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2022, 10:04 AM   #21

Cannon fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Wolf Life View Post
Hello all
New to the group here and would like to know if anyone is having issues with the cannon 12v refrigerator. Have a 2021 Grey Wolf 26 Dbhbl that has stopped cooling. Reset and restarted the refrigerator, blue lights are steady, and the fan-compressor is running but not getting cold. It has been working fine until yesterday.
My Furrion 12-volt fridge that came installed in my 2020 Cherokee Grey Wolf 20RDSE lasted only about 18-months before suddenly dying for no reason we nor the dealer can understand. Up to that point it worked flawlessly (except for a “sticky” door when the trailer was anything other than perfectly, flawlessly level…).

Anyway, it is a “total loss” and needs replacing, but Furrion has no replacements available for many months, if at all. Dealer received a Cannon MRF314 fridge under warranty as substitute, but it arrived damaged and cannot be used and parts to fix it seem not to be found…

At this point, no replacement fridge is available anywhere, or so I am told. Very frustrating and if this situation continues into the Spring, camping will not be possible. Thanks, Covid!

BUT in the meantime, can anyone direct me to a website or equivalent reference where I can get information about this Cannon MFR314, since all of my experience has been with Furrion? Any other suggestions about an alternate substitute brand of fridge? Thanks!1
Eddie7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:37 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie7410 View Post
Any other suggestions about an alternate substitute brand of fridge? Thanks!1
You do seem to be the victim of the lack of appliances on the market right now. The only 12v rv refrigerators that I could find are available on Amazon and are made by a company called RecPro. A search for RecPro on Amazon showed a couple of different models available. They seem to be new to the market and don't have many reviews though.
Can't find your manual anywhere.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:25 AM   #23
Retired Army MSG!

I have had this same fridge for a year and no issues. Gets cold fast and holds up very well while running on battery and solar when traveling from point A to point B. The on off button is inside the refrigerator. Press and hold until you see the lights on that panel blink. You can then adjust the temp. In the back of the freezer there is a knob in the center of the back wall you can adjust the temp for the freezer there.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie7410 View Post
BUT in the meantime, can anyone direct me to a website or equivalent reference where I can get information about this Cannon MFR314, since all of my experience has been with Furrion? Any other suggestions about an alternate substitute brand of fridge? Thanks!1
You might want to look into NovaKool. Novakool.com. They are made in British Columbia. You can talk to their engineers. They've been in the business for many years. I've never heard of a failure. I'm very happy with mine though I've used it only about 6 months of dry camping in the 18 months I've had it. Everything about it is pretty rugged IMHO.
100% dry camping and boondocking.
https://hclarkx.slickpic.com/gallery/?viewer
Hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 10:09 AM   #25

I have the same POS fridge. Bought this Cherokee TT in 8/21. Fridge worked the one time I was able to get out with it for several days.

I am currently between homes and living in it. Worked 1 day and quit. Hundreds of dollars of food lost. Called the dealer. No field service. I have to bring it in. Called Cherokee. Have to use a dealer for warranty. No known dealers in the area with travel techs. I can use a service, pay for the replacement, and then maybe get reimbursed at least some.

So I had to spend $$$ for a service call so someone can officially tell me it doesn't work. Now it's at least a two week wait for a replacement. And that's just something that will fit and (hopefully) work, not a direct exact replacement.

After the initial call to Cherokee and 1 email, crickets from them
1075tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 10:26 AM   #26

Legally, the mechanic working on the unit has to be certified by the state. So the dealers can not do much other than replace them.

Replacement, if it fits thru your door, is not real tough.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 08:24 PM   #27

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Wolf Life View Post
Hello all
New to the group here and would like to know if anyone is having issues with the cannon 12v refrigerator. Have a 2021 Grey Wolf 26 Dbhbl that has stopped cooling. Reset and restarted the refrigerator, blue lights are steady, and the fan-compressor is running but not getting cold. It has been working fine until yesterday.

After 8 long months of waiting for dealer and warranty claims the cannon was replaced with a GE 12v refrigerator and the difference is night and day. The GE cools much faster and stays cold.
Grey Wolf Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 08:50 AM   #28

2021 alpha wolf

I also have the 12 volt cannon refrigerator,they told me it was working when I picked up new unit,but when I tried to start it,it would drain voltage to near zero.As I bought the unit out of State I was unable to return to dealer till about a year.Their tech reviewed the refrigerator and agreed it was faulty.It was one year and about 2 weeks,and they told me there is one year warranty so no help from forest river.I would avoid this brand at all costs,the inconvenience alone is beyond monetary value.The customer service is not what you should expect from a reputable company.
william60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:12 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by william60 View Post
I also have the 12 volt cannon refrigerator,they told me it was working when I picked up new unit,but when I tried to start it,it would drain voltage to near zero.As I bought the unit out of State I was unable to return to dealer till about a year.Their tech reviewed the refrigerator and agreed it was faulty.It was one year and about 2 weeks,and they told me there is one year warranty so no help from forest river.I would avoid this brand at all costs,the inconvenience alone is beyond monetary value.The customer service is not what you should expect from a reputable company.
In case you didn't know, you could have used an independent RV shop or mobile RV technician. Or since the fridge has its own separate warranty, you could have contacted the fridge manufacturer for warranty work. My Dometic has a separate 2 year warranty.
Remember RV manufacturers don't manufacturer the fridges.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 04:13 PM   #30

Well, it's been a month now. Still no answer from Cherokee.

The first mobile tech service I called (recommended by Camping World), spoke to a couple of times and then never heard back from them. They never showed up.

Campground I'm at recommended another local company. They came out, looked at it, confirmed it wasn't working.

Somehow Cherokee sent me the trouble shooting and diagnostic manual. I pulled the fridge out and did all the tests to confirm, yep, it doesn't work.

Mobile tech has the new fridge in. Still waiting for the authorization form Cherokee to get something done.

I guess I could give Cherokee a half star for at least answering an email
Old 03-31-2022, 05:14 AM   #31

Just to update. ..

Numerous emails back and forth with Cherokee and Way Int'l who, I guess, is taking warranty responsibility for this Chinese crap.

They sent a diagnostic manual. Performed all the requested tests. We need pictures. Pulled fridge out again and took pictures. We need this diagnostic test done. Pulled fridge again.

Then they said they had an updated diagnostic manual.

Long story short, they ended up replacing the compressor board. It's working for now but I'm hesitant about putting much in it.

PITA to deal with. 2 months of no fridge for a 10 minute board replacement.

I'll never get another 12v only fridge

1/10 stars for Cherokee and their warranty department. That's only because they actually answered an email.
Old 03-31-2022, 08:33 AM   #32

Thanks for the update
LI Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 02:39 PM   #33

Question Cannon 2021 Fridge - arctic wolf not cooling

Seeing our problem listed over & over. We’ve checked all connections, current getting to fridge. Still the condenser not kicking on. Has anyone be able to get their Forest River Rv Fridge fixed? If so, what was the issue? We can’t find why it won’t cool? It’s one year old, used very little.
Deel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 02:53 PM   #34

Pull the fridge out. Take the wire rack looking guard off. Next to the compressor is a black box. There's a couple of wires that go to a clip that attaches to the compressor. Mine wasn't on very tight which might be part of the problem. It snaps onto two pins that come off the compressor.

Caution: apparently those pins break easily.

If the connector is burnt, you'll likely need a new compressor board. No way to tell what causes it to fail that I am aware of.

Good luck
Old 04-17-2022, 03:32 PM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deel View Post
Seeing our problem listed over & over. We’ve checked all connections, current getting to fridge. Still the condenser not kicking on. Has anyone be able to get their Forest River Rv Fridge fixed? If so, what was the issue? We can’t find why it won’t cool? It’s one year old, used very little.
Forest River doesn't manufacturer fridges, other companies do. The fridge comes with its own separate warranty that's usually longer than one year.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, refrigerator