Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2021, 08:52 AM   #1

Cannon 12 volt refrigerator

Hello all
New to the group here and would like to know if anyone is having issues with the cannon 12v refrigerator. Have a 2021 Grey Wolf 26 Dbhbl that has stopped cooling. Reset and restarted the refrigerator, blue lights are steady, and the fan-compressor is running but not getting cold. It has been working fine until yesterday.
Grey Wolf Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:03 AM   #2

Is the freezer cold? Are you on shore power or battery power?

Tom
2021 Cherokee 274WK
2021 Silverado 2500HD Z71 Duramax
Glen Rose, Tx
baint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:20 AM   #3

We tried solar battery, shore power and generator.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:21 AM   #4

Freezer is not getting cold
Old 06-13-2021, 09:44 AM   #5

Hmmm…we have a 2021 287bh Arctic wolf with the same fridge. I know when the lights are steady it thinks it’s at temp. So maybe there’s a thermostat issue? Just a wild guess. We have used ours 6 times this year and it’s worked great. Blue light usually flashes until it reaches temp and then it turns solid once temp is reached. If anything I back it down to 3 after a day because the food in the fridge starts to freeze a little.
287bh_Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 10:49 AM   #6

I have the same fridge and have had no issues. Just got back from a 2 week boondock in northern New Mexico. I am thinking your coils may have iced over and may need to shut it down and let it thaw. I run mine on "2" to keep it from freezing food in the refrigerator section.

Tom
2021 Cherokee 274WK
2021 Silverado 2500HD Z71 Duramax
Glen Rose, Tx
baint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 10:39 PM   #7

How do you turn this thing off?!? I turn the battery disconnect and it still runs I can’t find the breaker for it either and can’t seem to turn it off…. The only time it’s not running is when the battery is completely dead!
Irish803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 01:18 AM   #8

Should be a on/off button inside next to settings. You have to push and hold for about 5 seconds. Then the lights will turn off.
287bh_Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 05:12 PM   #9

Where is the fuse in the Arctic Wolf 321bh with the cannon fridge? Not getting any power as the interior light is off ..any input appreciated
LI Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 05:30 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Guy View Post
Where is the fuse in the Arctic Wolf 321bh with the cannon fridge? Not getting any power as the interior light is off ..any input appreciated
You should probably ask this in the brand-specific Cherokee sub-forum, instead of a General Tech and Repair section since your question is model-specific.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 08:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Wolf Life View Post
Freezer is not getting cold

I have a new wolf pup and my cannon freezer just quite working after a week...
ElizzieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 07:40 PM   #12

check the inline fuse if no power is going to the fridge as this was the problem I had. Unfortunately my fridge had to be unscrewed from the cabinet it was located in to access the 15amp fuse. good luck
Old 08-17-2021, 08:02 PM   #13

Quote:
check the inline fuse if no power is going to the fridge as this was the problem I had. Unfortunately my fridge had to be unscrewed from the cabinet it was located in to access the 15amp fuse. good luck

Thank you so much for your comment. The light in the refrigerator is working, but it’s not cooling. It appears it’s either the battery or the converter. The camper is two weeks old, and I bought it brand spanking new. I’m trying to make the dealer realize they need to fix this. I know it came with this issue
ElizzieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:15 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizzieBeth View Post
Thank you so much for your comment. The light in the refrigerator is working, but it’s not cooling. It appears it’s either the battery or the converter. The camper is two weeks old, and I bought it brand spanking new. I’m trying to make the dealer realize they need to fix this. I know it came with this issue
The fridge pulls very little amperage from the battery so unless the battery is nearly dead I would doubt thats the prob. Was it cooling when you did the walk thru at the dealership? If yes , maybe try to disconnect the battery (shut it off) wait some time and reconnect it ..other maybe it is the converter or fridge itself.
good luck and let us know what the problem was for future reference..
Old 08-18-2021, 11:37 AM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
The fridge pulls very little amperage from the battery so unless the battery is nearly dead I would doubt thats the prob. Was it cooling when you did the walk thru at the dealership? If yes , maybe try to disconnect the battery (shut it off) wait some time and reconnect it ..other maybe it is the converter or fridge itself.
good luck and let us know what the problem was for future reference..
The OP has a 12VDC fridge. These use a considerable amount of current. They do not say how long they are running the fridge without battery charging.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
The OP has a 12VDC fridge. These use a considerable amount of current. They do not say how long they are running the fridge without battery charging.
I have the same one she has... mine will run for a whole day without the 50 watt solar panel on the roof (of course all depends on how many times its opened)otherwise with it my battery stays charged..granted the only other dc powered things are the lights,awning,levelers,usb outlets,waterpump and slides...
Old 08-27-2021, 12:33 PM   #17

Cannon fridge not cooling

Bought a new alpha wolf with the cannon 12v fridge in it. Was cold at the dealer walk through. Then took it out a week later and fridge or freezer would not get cold. After turning on/off countless times, still would not get cold. Is anyone else having problems with Cannon fridges?
Twright918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 02:41 PM   #18

Cannon 12V Frig not staying cool when on battery

At first I loved this fridge. It cooled down fast, freezer was cold fridge stayed at a perfect 36 degrees......... while plugged in at home. When we took it out on the road on a 4.5 hour trip the temp inside the fridge was up to 60 degrees. It had power during the trip. Plugged it in at our destination and it quickly cooled down again.
lisabob415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 08:20 PM   #19

Evening Everyone,

I think I may have a weird one here. Same thing as above, brand new 2021 Wolf Pack 315Pack12 and on the first trip the fridge doesn't work. The strangest part is how well the freezer works. We froze a nice thick ribeye in ~5 hours. The whole trip the fridge was warm. I tried using the slider in the freezer to adjust more of the cold air to go to the fridge, but it did nothing.

We resorted to freezing bottles of water and moving them to the fridge to keep it cool, but sort of expect the fridge should work. We have another camping trip coming up in a couple of weeks and wouldn't mind having some cold beer.

Any thoughts on things I can try?

Thanks
TheLoveClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:35 PM   #20

So I just purchased a 2021 wolf pup 16 bhs and it has the cannon fridge.. my fridge and freezer were working fine but after having it set on 5 after while the light started blinking at 5 and I would change it to 3 or 4 and it would hold steady. Why is it blinking at 5?
mikewolfpup16bhs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, refrigerator