Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2016, 07:39 PM   #1

Ceiling fan and TV antenna questions

New trailer - 8528RKWS FR Classic super lite
just pulled home from dealer and have 2 issues. I would take it right back except 50 mile haul one way.
Here's my problems:
1. Ceiling fan/light unit doesn't work at all. This is a large 4 blade with 3 small candelabra lights. Is there a wall switch hidden somewhere that supplies power to the unit or should it be hard-wired into the AC?

2. I put up the antenna, turned on the TV and tried to auto-tune it but came up with no channels. Anyone know if there is an antenna booster in the trailer that needs to be switched on? Also, does the antenna coax cable wire right into the back of the TV? Granted I live in a fringe area but the old TT would pick up a couple of channels.

thanks for any input on these issues. will be calling the dealer tomorrow and report back what I find out.
ObsoleteSum5252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsoleteSum5252 View Post
New trailer - 8528RKWS FR Classic super lite
just pulled home from dealer and have 2 issues. I would take it right back except 50 mile haul one way.
Here's my problems:
1. Ceiling fan/light unit doesn't work at all. This is a large 4 blade with 3 small candelabra lights. Is there a wall switch hidden somewhere that supplies power to the unit or should it be hard-wired into the AC?

2. I put up the antenna, turned on the TV and tried to auto-tune it but came up with no channels. Anyone know if there is an antenna booster in the trailer that needs to be switched on? Also, does the antenna coax cable wire right into the back of the TV? Granted I live in a fringe area but the old TT would pick up a couple of channels.

thanks for any input on these issues. will be calling the dealer tomorrow and report back what I find out.
1. Do not know about your model fan but ours operates from a remote.

2. Again do not know about the newer antenas but the older ones had a booster / switch.

Good Luck

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:42 PM   #3

Ceiling fan and TV antenna questions

There's a switch on the wall in my sabre.

Identify all switches?

There's a booster button in the cabinet, above the tv.

Explore the trailer. Open everything and press every switch/button.
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 01-20-2016, 08:48 PM   #4
Site Team

My ceiling fan is controlled by a 110v flat switch under my switch/control panel.

My TV booster button is in the bedroom on the wall where the bedroom TV is mounted.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:00 PM   #5
Cyber Phrenologist

The fan switch in my trailer is under the microwave cabinet. The tech who did our PDI walk through showed it to us... after looking for it for 10 minutes. Yours is hiding somewhere. It will be a 120 v switch similar to those in a stick house.

The TV will likely have a booster/amp that needs to be switched on. Look for a switch that selects "antenna or sat/cable" and put it on antenna for off air use.

Or, there is a coax cable not plugged in somewhere. Another much less likely possibility is the power for the amp is not connected.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:02 PM   #6
Site Team

Dan. These will probably be easy fixes once the switches are located. You may want to post this on the forum thread specific to your model so others with same unit will see. They are most likely to have answers.
My fan in the rockwood has a 12 v switch on the walk near other switches. The TV needs to be set to Antenna or On Air and not Cable before scanning. And you should have a 12v outlet near one of the television connections and there should be a tiny black button on it that when pressed turns on and off the booster. For antenna viewing, turn light on. For cable, light off. Good luck and enjoy your new unit.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:24 AM   #7

Switches found!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
The fan switch in my trailer is under the microwave cabinet. The tech who did our PDI walk through showed it to us... after looking for it for 10 minutes. Yours is hiding somewhere. It will be a 120 v switch similar to those in a stick house.

The TV will likely have a booster/amp that needs to be switched on. Look for a switch that selects "antenna or sat/cable" and put it on antenna for off air use.

Or, there is a coax cable not plugged in somewhere. Another much less likely possibility is the power for the amp is not connected.
Ok, found both switches.
1. The ceiling fan/light switch is on the underside of the kitchen cabinet, to left of microwave and stove as Radio indicates.

2. The TV antenna booster switch is on the antenna/cable wall plate located in the cabinet right underneath the TV.

Thanks, all for the inputs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2926.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	98100  
ObsoleteSum5252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:28 PM   #8

👍👍 Who doesn't love a free fix? Great community support!

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Old 01-21-2016, 08:16 PM   #9
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:
1. The ceiling fan/light switch is on the underside of the kitchen cabinet, to left of microwave and stove as Radio indicates.
Hah! I got one in a row! And a picture to prove it!

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:47 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Ok, found both switches.

2. The TV antenna booster switch is on the antenna/cable wall plate located in the cabinet right underneath the TV.

Thanks, all for the inputs.
Yay! Told you it would be easy. Just gotta find those switches and fr is good at hiding some of em. Now enjoy. 😋

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, fan