Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2020, 09:57 AM   #1

Clicking in AC when the furnace is on

This frustrated me for a long time. I even took my rig in for service and they claim they could not reproduce the issue. (sounds like fake news as it happeds every time I use it...)

I found this info on various sites after google-ing for about a half hour and just putting it all together for the benefit of anyone else looking for a solution.
If you have a different model them me you may need to do some additional research as well.
I have the Dometec 3 button control and a Dometec roof unit.

Features:
From power off press the settings button. Either high, low or auto will display. Arrow key through the settings.
high and low settings runs the AC fan to help distribute the heat through the roof ducts. The system does not cycle off. good for a quick warm up.

Auto setting does not run the AC fan and cycles on off normally.

The clicking in the AC when auto is selected happens when the cycle differential is set to 1. You need to change it to 2. To do this, hold the settings button and the down button until you see a 1 on the display, then use an arrow to put it on 2.
Cycle diff is when the system will turn off 1 or 2 degrees above your set temp before turning off and 1 or 2 below your setting before turning back on.
example set to 70 - turns on at 68, turns off at 72 with a cycle diff of 2. Cycles less but prob runs a bit longer. My house thermostat is set to 2 by default.

Made this change yesterday and we are over 24 hours without any clicking!
pohlcat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:06 AM   #2

Thank you, years of HVAC experience have included a few thermostats that have compatibility issues and some are really tough to figure out.
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace