RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-27-2020, 07:44 PM   #1

Coax connection

I bought a 2020 Forrest River Wildwood Xlite T282QBXL. On the wall the T.V mounts there are three Coax connections, can someone tell me which one to use- A. T.V - B. Aux/Cable C. Unmarked. Cant get the T.V channels and the NETFIX spends alot of time buffering.
Snappyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 08:39 PM   #2

Well, if they are hooked up to what they are A would be the over the air antenna (OVA) (booster must be on for this port). B would be for park cable connection somewhere on the drivers side of the rv (booster must be off for this port). C probably has no connection but could be use for satellite antenna to satellite receiver if coax is installed. For OVA and cable the TV must be set for that particular input and a scan run for the channels. This is of course typical.

Added: I am not familiar with your unit and do not know why the 3 coax ports are there. Some units do connect the incoming park cable coax to a cable/aux port so it can be used for either park cable (connected to TV) or satellite antenna (connected to satellite receiver and receiver connected to TV).
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:00 AM   #3
drw

did you get a switch box for your unit. seems that you should have a box to switch the unit from OVA to Cable or Sat. is this in a overhead compartment or something. Generally you would use the box to switch the unit to whatever type of signal you are trying to receive.
drw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:26 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Coax connections and cabling is one of the most confusing things we discuss on this forum simply because every make/model is wired differently. (even some like models!)

I have three coax connections behind my TV on my current model and they are similar to what bubbles mentioned but yet different.

1a. Over the Air TV (roof antenna) AND cable.
This connection goes to the roof top antenna and the outside cable port depending on how the switch is pushed on the wall plate.

You connect a short cable from this connection to the TV.

When the power button is on it connects you to the roof antenna so you can watch over the air (local) channels and when on, it also supplies power to the amplifier in the antenna.
Once on and connected, you must use your TV's menu to select ANTENNA and do a scan for channels. Every geographical area has different channels so you'll need to do this each place you visit.

1b. Cable
This connection is the same port on the wall plate but when the power button is OFF, it internally switches and connects to the port on the outside of the R/V marked CABLE.
You must connect a piece of coax from the pedestal (or cable pedestal) to the outside port. Once the switch is OFF and the connections made, you must use your TV's menu to select CABLE and do a channel scan. Every campground's cable line-up is different so you'll need to do this each place you visit.

2. Satellite.
This port is a straight shot (no splitters) to the port on the outside of the R/V marked SAT. You would connect the satellite receiver to the inside port and a dish to the outside port.

3. Bedroom port
This port goes to the bedroom wall plate and allows you to feed satellite signal from the receiver to the bedroom.

Maybe if you post a photo of your wall plate and outside connections, we can better help you with how YOUR R/V is set up.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=21
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:28 PM   #5

Hello 5Picker, I own a Vibe 311 RL trailer that shows one Satellite inlet on outside rear wall of trailer. There is another inlet marked Cable below the other. Neither is live according to the Dish installer, the only live feed was from the optional TV area cable situated inside the outdoor kitchen pop-out wall that Satellite works on. Which is in the way and prevents the large door of out door kitchen from closing up, unless the cable from Satellite is disconnected first, which is a pain to reset up every time for TV viewing. Why would the Sat factory port be a dead line? How do I rectify this to work?
Any diagnostic thoughts or wiring diagrams are any available for this Vibe 311 model.
Thank you...Bruteforce
Bruteforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruteforce View Post
Hello 5Picker, I own a Vibe 311 RL trailer that shows one Satellite inlet on outside rear wall of trailer. There is another inlet marked Cable below the other. Neither is live according to the Dish installer, the only live feed was from the optional TV area cable situated inside the outdoor kitchen pop-out wall that Satellite works on. Which is in the way and prevents the large door of out door kitchen from closing up, unless the cable from Satellite is disconnected first, which is a pain to reset up every time for TV viewing. Why would the Sat factory port be a dead line? How do I rectify this to work?
Any diagnostic thoughts or wiring diagrams are any available for this Vibe 311 model.
Thank you...Bruteforce

I purchased a new Wildwood 32RLDS a couple ofdays ago. I'm having the same issue with a dead Satellite feed from the rear trailer connection. Wondering if you ever found a resolution to your problem.

Krow
Krow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:24 AM   #7
drw

i went out and bought a new TV the one that came in the RV was a cheap model and I believe that was most of the issue. I bought a vizio and have had better results.
drw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow View Post
I purchased a new Wildwood 32RLDS a couple ofdays ago. I'm having the same issue with a dead Satellite feed from the rear trailer connection. Wondering if you ever found a resolution to your problem.
Krow
What exactly is a "live" or "dead" coax cable feed mean?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by drw View Post
i went out and bought a new TV the one that came in the RV was a cheap model and I believe that was most of the issue. I bought a vizio and have had better results.

I thought from your first message that the issue was with your line feed through your trailer. My dealer told me these trailers do not come with RV installed; they put in a Sharp smart TV. Works great when I feed it direct from the dish to the receiver but no signal through the outside connection on the trailer.
Krow is offline   Reply With Quote