Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2016, 02:39 PM   #1

Coleman AC

I posted previously about a Rooftop AC that I was going to install. I have installed it and now that it's mounted inside which before I had it setting outside. I am having a different problem. I turn the air on low and it ran for about 10 minutes and the breaker tripped. I have wired the unit with it's own plug. The AC cools really well better than my house. I have replaced the capacitor and starter. I know the breaker is good. I am really not familiar with a AMP meter but I do know this the cord feels really warm after running for a few minutes. My question is I have read where people have said that the Compressor may be going out. I have had a compressor go out on my car and it got less and less cooler until it went out. Would it not be the same with this unit also or can it still be cooling good and just going out?
tru2au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:35 AM   #2
Site Team

It sounds more like a low voltage issue.

Is the unit plugged into a 15 amp circuit?
What gauge (AWG) is the cord you're using?
What length is the cord you're using?