Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 06:32 AM   #61

the way they tested the units before, they did not test the surround sound system. i think all they tested is that it powered up and functions worked. myself and my dealer called there and it looks like now they are fixing them properly. i hope. yes before lots of units shipped around because they tested and said they are good and they were crap. lets see if they stay working. i have 11 replacements on my file. if it quits working in the next few years i am going to scream. they better come good for it. i was told they would
Old 03-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #62

There is a lemon law to protect you on RV issues.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #63

i am not sure if canada has the same lemon law?? i would like to know. i don't want to geet rid of the trailer. we like it. and the unit is working correctly now.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #64

Ok.. Here`s my personal update on the stereo! Pulled my unit out and brought it down to the dealer.(they said I could do that) They said it would be a couple of weeks. They called me on Friday so i went down to pick it up. My stereo never left the dealership.(kinda knew that) What had come in was a couple of heavy duty noise filters. Mine did not have any in it. which I thought to be odd..considering its a 2008 and this has been an ongoing problem for the years prior..which leads me to believe that they were forgotten on the original build. Anyway, i installed the noise filters and turned on the stereo. 90 %of the annoying sound was gone. I located the wires for the audio output for the surround sound and disconnected them. Still heard the noise without any feeds going to it. So whats it gotta be?? The surround sound has a seperate amplifier right!!? I called the dealer and they didnt know if it had a seperate one. Hmm I cant find it.
So..givin that I can `tune` the remainder of the noise out..I guess i am going to live with it. I would hate to bring it any further and possibly get a worse off stereo!!!!! The whole camper is going back to the dealer in a few days anyway so they can tighten up the main awning. That puppy is saggin hard!!! Not cool!
Old 03-24-2008, 05:51 PM   #65

It is totally up to you, But I didnt live with it, they tried the same thing to me, (sending the noise suppresor) I never had a good unit , but one or our members skidoonut, like after 10+ unit finally got a good one, whatever your choice is is cool, I just dont like them acting as we should put up with an ok , not perfect, so go away product!!!

Sorry to hear about the sag, now that sounds like a really big problem, make sure they dont give you some duct tape to cure it LOL, Good luck!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 06:46 PM   #66

Dont get me wrong..they did not make me feel like its all done..go away! If i decide to pursue it any further i can. i just dont know if i want to go thru so much hassle and go thru 10+ stereos at a couple of weeks a clip without one! I just got the camper and want to use it with ALL of its features!! But anyway..ya the awening is a hudge problem.. i let it out the other day to dry out and whatnot.. it sagged even more after the sun hit it and it the door was `just` touching it.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #67

i kept the radio in my trailer untill the new one comes in. they don't need yours untill the new is there. then take yours out and swap it. don't settle on imperfection. they can fix it. they never asked me to put in a noise suppressor. i could make the unit make the noise in the show room by hooking it to a battery and one speaker. they cannot say it is from the invertor. that is why they told you to put in the suppressor. the unit is defective in the surround board. there is no separate amp. everything is in the head unit. i did not give up( got very tired) and i have a good unit. they can fix it.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #68

Hmm... didnt know they could get me a replacement without having mine there!! haha..theres new light!!
Old 03-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidoonut View Post
i kept the radio in my trailer untill the new one comes in. they don't need yours untill the new is there. then take yours out and swap it. don't settle on imperfection. they can fix it. they never asked me to put in a noise suppressor. i could make the unit make the noise in the show room by hooking it to a battery and one speaker. they cannot say it is from the invertor. that is why they told you to put in the suppressor. the unit is defective in the surround board. there is no separate amp. everything is in the head unit. i did not give up( got very tired) and i have a good unit. they can fix it.
yeah what he said, it is too much of a known problem and we just want you to be a happy camperguy!!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmprguy View Post
Dont get me wrong..they did not make me feel like its all done..go away! If i decide to pursue it any further i can. i just dont know if i want to go thru so much hassle and go thru 10+ stereos at a couple of weeks a clip without one! I just got the camper and want to use it with ALL of its features!! But anyway..ya the awening is a hudge problem.. i let it out the other day to dry out and whatnot.. it sagged even more after the sun hit it and it the door was `just` touching it.
I agree with the others that you should request a unit that works properly. I replaced mine last week, and the difference in the channel A surround sound quality is significant between the old bad one and the new unit.

The ZX600 unit runs off of 12v DC, and a power line filter would be used to filter out any stray signals or voltage fluctuations. Sources of stray signals could be 60 cycle hum from your converter’s AC to DC rectifier not producing pure DC, noise from your vehicle alternator if you are connected to your tow vehicle with the engine running, induced AC (alternating current) 60 cycle hum from a 120v AC wire running beside your 12v DC power wires, or radio type signals, such as from a cell phone or other electronic device. If you unplug the entire trailer and turn off any other devices in the immediate area and still have noise in your ZX600, then the problem is not in the input power, and filters will not fix it. Batteries produce pure DC with no noise, static or hum, so try it on battery power only.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #71

Yes Doug, the dealer asked me to do that also.. the hum was reduced greatly when running off battery only. Anyway.. I am bringing the whole trailer down on saturday so the can take a peek for themselves. Aside from that there is a problem with the power awning, I noticed it the first day i brought it home and extended it fully. It would seem to me it needs to turn 1/4 revolution more. So ya, after much thought about it..that stereo problem will just cause me to lose sleep at night so there going to have to fix it. When i went down to pick the noise filters up, they had two more packages of the same thing for some other owners as well.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #72

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmprguy View Post
Yes Doug, the dealer asked me to do that also.. the hum was reduced greatly when running off battery only. Anyway.. I am bringing the whole trailer down on saturday so the can take a peek for themselves. Aside from that there is a problem with the power awning, I noticed it the first day i brought it home and extended it fully. It would seem to me it needs to turn 1/4 revolution more. So ya, after much thought about it..that stereo problem will just cause me to lose sleep at night so there going to have to fix it. When i went down to pick the noise filters up, they had two more packages of the same thing for some other owners as well.
Good luck, I do hope everything gets repaired to your satisfaction, and hope you have some very fun camping trips this year!!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #73

Hello
Just signed up on here. I'm on my 3rd POS Concertone. This time they sent a Ventura TV that's supposed to be digital, whaooo. Any way I need to install the new unit myself as I'm out of warranty and when I took the old unit out I was so pissed and couldn't see straight that I forgot to label the wires. Dumb move I know. Any one got a good schematic or pictures they could post?
I have one RCA cable that says Concertone Video on it but it's a female yellow and theres not a male yellow to hook to. Any ideas?
Thanks
BG
USAF Retired
Old 03-31-2008, 11:12 AM   #74
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDarr View Post
I agree with the others that you should request a unit that works properly. I replaced mine last week, and the difference in the channel A surround sound quality is significant between the old bad one and the new unit.
Chalk up another new owner with a crappy sound system.
We are new owners not new to camping, just new Rockwood owners.
Went on our "maiden voyage" this past weekend to Mammoth Cave NP.
No hookups.

My concertone ZX500? has horrible hum in the surround sound.
It's not AC or alternator or inverter related because we were on
pure battery power and I shut off the TV and inverter.
As soon as a DVD tries to play and the menu with background music
starts there goes the loud hum in the surround sound speakers.
It's also in the 2 over the bed.
I tried shutting off the surround sound with just the 2 bed speakers
and still got the hum.
If I stop the disk the hum quits.

My quandry is I live 200 miles from the dealer!!

Is there hope?? Have some of you with hum been able to swap units
and finally find one that does not hum or at least has "acceptable" hum???

The unit seems to sound OK on all other modes, FM, CD, MP3 have no hum
although the speakers over the bed sound like crap. Our trailer was a
"show trailer" and we wonder if they cranked up the sound in a demo and
blew them out. Or they are just cheapie speakers.

Speakers I can deal with.

What do I do with this humming DVD player???
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
Old 03-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #75

kydan
ask them to send you a replacement. you can put it in and send the other one back. the unit is defective. don't let them off the hook. this is bs that we are still going through this. i now have a good unit and cannot wait for the snow to melt to get out again. good luck with your fight. it took six months for me to resolve mine.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:23 PM   #76

... Any one got a good schematic or pictures they could post?
I have one RCA cable that says Concertone Video on it but it's a female yellow and theres not a male yellow to hook to. Any ideas?
Thanks
BG
USAF Retired[/QUOTE]

I took some pictures while I had mine pulled out. Maybe that will help you.
Doug
USAF Ret
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06436.jpg
Views:	1031
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	777  
Old 04-01-2008, 06:13 AM   #77

not all concertones have the tv tuner. i purchased my one tv. i purchased a LG lcd tv. it has the digital tuner built in and works great. i have it hooked with a coax lead to the antenna plate and i have rca cables run to the concertone output for watching dvd's. if you have a female out put then use a rca cable to connect between that and the tv. i thought that the wiring diagram is on a sticker on top of the concertone unit. did you see it?
Old 04-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #78

Haha..lots of good that did me! My sticker was printed backwards and upside down. Thank god i took pictures!!

Joel
Old 04-02-2008, 09:02 PM   #79

Doug
That's perfect!!!
No if you could clarify which red/white RCA plug is not used.
Also the yellow RCA with the three male's, which one is the Concertone video connected to? I don't think it matters, but since you have such a good view with it out, that'd be nice.
I have mine hooked up now, the 3 yellow plugs I just pulled off the heat shrink on one and connected it to the video, and the DVD works. That's why I don't think it matters on those, but I don't have cable hooked up, so can't verify that the cable works. I'm going to run a cable out to it tomorrow to check it.
Thanks again.
1973 Airstream Ambassador
Old Town Penobscot 16
Old 04-08-2008, 10:15 AM   #80

Well we went camping this past weekend and I didn't have a chance to try out the cable before we left. Got to the CG and everything worked, even cable.
Even the picture on the 19" Venturer unit is better than the old Concertone monitor.
Now that I know everything is working fine it's time to change a few things.
I plan on replacing all the wire tie connections with a barrier strip and straighten out the mess they have back there. Also plan on running a audio out from the unit to a wall plate behind the TV using a splitter so I can have sound from the TV instead of just having surround sound all the time. I like the surround sound, but sometimes it will be nice to be able to turn it completely off so you can have a lower volume. Also plan on adding a vent above it to let some of the heat out.
Have a great week.
1973 Airstream Ambassador
Old Town Penobscot 16
Closed Thread