Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2008, 08:43 AM   #1

Concertone Alarm HELP

We just purchased a Salem LA 312QBBS. It came with a Concertone z75. The first night we camped the alarm went off in the middle of the night. I figured out how to turn it off by pushing the power button. The next day I checked it and it does not show that that the alarm is on. Thinking it was off I did not worry about it again until I was again woke up in the middle of the night. Five of us have looked at the manual and nothing. I finally just set the clock and set the alarm to go off during the day. Our second trip out the alarm did the same thing. So everyday the alarm goes off at 11am. To make a long story short, does anyone know how to turn the alarm off for good? Also, I never set the alarm the first time. It came that way.
sheila405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila405 View Post
does anyone know how to turn the alarm off for good? Also, I never set the alarm the first time. It came that way.
The boys on the assembly line over in China got a good laugh out
of that one!!!!
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:35 AM   #3

It has been horrible being woke up at 3am by this very load beeping over the surround sound system. The first night I thought our brand new camper was on fire or something. Then once I figured out what it was it took me a few minutes to figure out how to make it stop.

But in all seriousness, I really need to know how to shut this thing off.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:58 AM   #4

A really big hammer

Sorry I have no Idea, the only thing, is maybe there is problem in the unit, I would contact dealer, and if sill under warranty, have them swap it
Old 05-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to SSport
Hahahah I am having the SAME EXACT problem with mine. The book only tells you to hit the power button to turn it off....yet it does it again the next day.

What we do is make sure all the speakers are off and turn the volume all the way down if we are not using it....that way we never know or hear when it is going off.....lol
SSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #6

Hadn't thought of turning the volume all the way down. Will have to remember to do that. I am assumming that it is going off everyday in the back yard. But I have not been in the TT at 11am to find out.

Glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem
Old 05-10-2008, 07:36 AM   #7
Site Team

Have you tried calling concertone???
If you call forest river they will give you the number for
concertone.
They are hard to get on the phone but I assume if you try enough times,
sooner or later you'll get to speak to someone there in tech support.
They can either tell you your unit is defective or tell you how to
set or un-set the stupid alarm.

We'd all like to hear what they tell you!!
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #8

I brought all the books in yesterday from the camper and I think the concertone number is on the manual. Calling them was my next step. May have to wait till Monday. I will fill you all in on what they say.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #9

We are camping in the back yard tonight and I will play with mine and try to figure it out. We had the same problem when ours was new it was 2:00 EVERY afternoon and took me days to get it off.

Dont ask why the back yard LOL Ok I had a business trip to Nashville for a meeting tonight. Drove up to meet and spend the night (in a hotel argh) and called to report in and the meeting was canceled so drove back home and we are cooking out and going camping in the yard. Nasty weather may move in or we would head to the lake.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila405 View Post
Hadn't thought of turning the volume all the way down. Will have to remember to do that. I am assumming that it is going off everyday in the back yard. But I have not been in the TT at 11am to find out.

Glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem

Therein lies the question:
If an alarm goes off in a TT and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Reese Strait-Line
Prodigy
DW
DD (Darling Dachshund)
jmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #11

I don't know if this will help or not but my Concertone is a RV2003 I gress that the model, any way the instructions say to cancel the sleep timer, press the sleep/timer button until the "sleep" disappears from the display.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:44 AM   #12

alarm

I have a 08 roo 21ss i had the same problem with the alarm.I took my concert tone out yesterday and installed a clarion high powered deck what a difference in the sound and no more alarm.
4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:57 AM   #13

For anyone who has the same problem, someone on another forum called and spoke with concertone. There is a defect. They said to pull the fuse that controls the concertone and leave it out for 20min. and then test to see if the alarm still goes off. If this doesn't work they said that the dealerships are aware of the problem and will replace the unit. I haven't tried it yet will let you now the outcome. Sounds a little funny to me.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:09 AM   #14
Cyber Phrenologist

I have a long list of "how to" questions for the walk thru guy at RVW when we pick up our trailer. Now I have another one.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #15

I brought a flagstaff with the Concertone Z75. Have the same problem with the Alarm. Went back to the Dealer about it he gave me a phone number to call. The person I talked with told me to pull the fuse for about 15 minutes and if that didn't work all he could tell me to do was turn the volume down so I couldn't hear it go off when I wasn't using it.I finally gave up and bought a different Radio and Installed it myself.The Dealer would not help me with the problem.
cat1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:09 PM   #16

I am having my radio swapped out on Wednesday, hopefully it fixes the problem
mule0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:58 AM   #17

I was camping last weekend and a man next to me had an 2008 Cherokee had the same problem, the alarm keeps going of at 12 midnight.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #18

Ok, here is the deal. I called Forest River support about the zx 75 and when I said that, the tech right off the bat said, alarm won't shut off :-) So they are aware, the first batches had problems, subsequent batches have the option to shut them off, here is what I heard, but have not tried yet.

1) Make sure the unit is "off" not disconnected from the battery or anything, just not playing music etc.

2) The LCD, while still being dim, if you look closely, you will still see the time, and "somewhere" on the LCD there is the word timer.

3) If you see timer on the screen, press the sleep timer button and the word timer should disappear.

That should shut off the alarm.

So, to summerize, in the off position in the word timer is on the screen, the alarm is on, to shut it off, hit the sleep timer button while the unit is off to remove the word timer from the screen.

Here is to hoping this fixes everyones problems :-)
Old 06-18-2008, 09:23 AM   #19

Well, got my second replacement and it now works how it is supposed to. However, what I learned was, to turn the alarm on or off, with the radio off, hit the x-bass button, on screen will read beep on and beep off, there is your alarm toggle. I set the time, set the alarm for 2 min. later, set the toggle to beep off, when the time came, I heard the sweet sound of silence :-)
Old 10-25-2008, 02:11 AM   #20
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmyers View Post
Therein lies the question:
If an alarm goes off in a TT and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Real funny. Now, how about some quality advice on how to turn off the alarm.
Bird Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote