Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2010, 01:34 AM   #1

Concertone!can't wait!!!

I have acouple of threads concerning the entertainment system in our 2011 Rockwood 2701ss.I guess I'm either just too stuborn or stupid,but I can't believe that either one of these devices won't work and am thinking maybe I'm not doing something right as far as the connections ect.Even though I have power to the radio and the xm mounting dock,I can't get either one of them to turn on.I find it ironic that in February 2010 before I bought this trailer I was on this website and read all about the Concertone system and expressed my concerns to the dealership and was assured that we would be getting "new and improved" 700zx system.We can't wait for the sound from the heavens stereo system to mesmerize us....if we can just get it to turn on.Please offer any suggestions asap as the anticipation is killing us.
djalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:27 AM   #2

Please, don't take this personal, I beg of you, please.

I wish I could offer assistance and tell you exactly what to do, but I can't see waisting your time fooling around with it. Even if you do get it to operate, it will disappoint you in the end.
The Concercrap in my precious TT worked great. No problems what so ever. Until, one night, while watching a good movie, one side of the sound took a dump. The dealer replaced it and all went well. I sold the TT and the Concercrap did the same with the new owner. "How disappointing", he said. He bought a replacement on Ebay and so far, it works great(until it decides to take another dump).
I recently bought a fifth wheel. It had a very nice Concercrap unit with the satellite radio attached. It works great. Great sound, great picture. But, I can't see going through a disappointing camping trip, so I removed it, prior to a catastrophic failure, to install a name brand Phillis unit.
I now have a rectangular piece of plastic to throw on the campfire if I run out of fire wood.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #3

And, NO Kim, I haven't started drinking, yet.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #4
Wanna Be Camper

I would try one last thing, disconnect the negative battery lead on your battery and wait 5 min rehook and see what happens. I just have one question though. Why have you not taken this to your dealer to get it fixed? I know I would have been on the phone with mine 5 min after it happened and they would be on the case. As an example our dining room table has a couple hair line cracks in the surface where they bonded the top pieces, I emailed them a few pics and a new table was on order from the factory within 4 hrs.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #5

I am in Canada and purchased our trailer in the U.S.(saved $10,000) The dealership we bought our trailer through has been quick to reply after I contacted them,I am now waiting for them to send me a form to ensure that I will in fact send the ones back that don't work and then they will order me another one. I guess I can see their point,but I already have something to prop open the entry door from the garage.I have a local rv repair shop that will do the work but we are leaving tomorrow for a week and was hoping for a reply saying " Oh!We had the same problem and just pushed MIRACLE button on the remote" or something.Not a big deal,I was more concerned about the leak we found from the bathroom skylite.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #6

Concertone, its an adventure in camping
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #7

The one in my camper didnt work when got it from storage or on first trip out then before i went out a couple weeks ago i push the power button and it came on and worked the whole trip. Yesterday i was in the camping robbing it of some supplies i pushed the button and nothing now that figures
Old 07-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #8

Concertone Models?

Does anyone know if Forest River is still installing Concertones is their newly manufactured TTs? Thought I read a recent thread that they were changing/installing a different brand. Expect to "pickup" a Rockwood 2304S in August - was wondering what to expect, and wat model if it is a Concertone.
Gigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #9
Wanna Be Camper

Just got our new V-Lite 1 week ago with the ZX700 installed in it..

John & Deb
Old 07-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #10

Has it worked properly for you?
Gigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:30 PM   #11
Wanna Be Camper

Works flawless. Played a few movies and have used the radio quite abit. I thought I had a high pitched whistle coming from it but it turns out that whistle is coming from the Carbon Monoxide/propane detector.

John & Deb
Old 07-05-2010, 09:08 AM   #12

Have had a 2011 Flagstaff 26RLS since the middle of June. Cencertone still working. Just waiting for it to fail after warranty runs out and I will do some modifications for a rocking system.

TheSasks: the only real failure I have experienced so far is the Carbon Monoxide Detector. 2 Beeps/ Flashes every 30 seconds. This indicates that the detector is to be replaced. The replace date on mine is MARCH/2017. Notified the manufacturer and shipped off. They say they will replace. That is one piece of equipment that is a must and I must trust! Good luck.

Kirk, KN1B
2011 Flagstaff 26RLS
2000 GMC Sierra
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #13

Our Flagstaff is a 2011 model (built in March 2010, go figure). Has a Concertone ZX700 system in it. So far all the functions are working. They're trying to do a whole lot of different things in one unit which is likely part of the reason there are problems with it.

From some research I've done on this and other sites, many problems seem to result (aside from the many simply "dead" posts), from sloppy wiring work during installation and from the system unit running too hot.

Those problems can be laid on the factory, there should be no excuse for twisting wires together and securing with electricians tape as has been reported. If your unit is making noise, that may be the reason.
My unit is installed into a completely enclosed, corner entertainment centre. I watched a movie the other night, spent some extra time with the special features and watched some scenes again. When I took the disk out after about 2.5 hours, it was real toasty warm. Soon as I can, I'm going to put some venting into that cabinet and I may even attempt to put in a cooling fan.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab, Vortec Max
Prodigy, Reece DC

GAL119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #14

My 06 2701SS had a similar problem, so I pulled the fuse to the radio, waited about a minute, plugged it back in and it has worked fine since. Also had the "one side crapped out" problem once though...turned it off and back on and it is now fine.
masonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #15

So far my concertone in my new Flagstaff 5th works great, but after reading all the post Im getting nervous!
rohlingerrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #16

concertone update

RV Wholesalers did an awesome job of getting us another entertainment system. I installed it yesterday and it worked fine,so the clouds have just passed and I see nothing but clear skies in the future. Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAL119 View Post
Our Flagstaff is a 2011 model (built in March 2010, go figure). Has a Concertone ZX700 system in it. So far all the functions are working. They're trying to do a whole lot of different things in one unit which is likely part of the reason there are problems with it.

From some research I've done on this and other sites, many problems seem to result (aside from the many simply "dead" posts), from sloppy wiring work during installation and from the system unit running too hot.

Those problems can be laid on the factory, there should be no excuse for twisting wires together and securing with electricians tape as has been reported. If your unit is making noise, that may be the reason.
My unit is installed into a completely enclosed, corner entertainment centre. I watched a movie the other night, spent some extra time with the special features and watched some scenes again. When I took the disk out after about 2.5 hours, it was real toasty warm. Soon as I can, I'm going to put some venting into that cabinet and I may even attempt to put in a cooling fan.
Thanks for your post! You have nailed a couple of important issues here that often get overlooked.

Feature for feature, Concertone units are indeed delivering a ton of value - as long as it works (yes, I know). ;-)

Installation is especially important for safe, reliable operation and best performance.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #18
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohlingerrv View Post
So far my concertone in my new Flagstaff 5th works great, but after reading all the post Im getting nervous!
Relax and enjoy!
(781) 281-9440
Old 07-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #19
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
I would try one last thing, disconnect the negative battery lead on your battery and wait 5 min rehook and see what happens. ...
Does that bypass the converter if plugged in? If not, unplug shore power.
(781) 281-9440