Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2010, 07:03 AM   #1
Nights Camped in 2010 - 2

Concertone ..... Good Laugh

All,
Took the TT in for warranty work on Saturday. I called yesterday to check on the progress because I was thinking about going out for the weekend if they had it ready. While, everything is done except for the Concertone issue. They told me it was the TV. I laughed. The TV is a brand new 26 inch Vizio that works great. The dealer told me that it happens, but I told him not with two separate TVs of which one was the TV that came with the TT. Same issue. Black and white playback when playing a DVD then diamond patterns after about 20 seconds of play time. He seemed to back off the bad TV diagnosis. Between my truck and trailer dealers, I had gotten enough BS for day and will re-attack the issue today. I wish I could just pull an excuse out of my butt and feed it to the customer. It would make my job so much easier..........
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
sailingsuppo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingsuppo46 View Post
All,
Took the TT in for warranty work on Saturday. I called yesterday to check on the progress because I was thinking about going out for the weekend if they had it ready. While, everything is done except for the Concertone issue. They told me it was the TV. I laughed. The TV is a brand new 26 inch Vizio that works great. The dealer told me that it happens, but I told him not with two separate TVs of which one was the TV that came with the TT. Same issue. Black and white playback when playing a DVD then diamond patterns after about 20 seconds of play time. He seemed to back off the bad TV diagnosis. Between my truck and trailer dealers, I had gotten enough BS for day and will re-attack the issue today. I wish I could just pull an excuse out of my butt and feed it to the customer. It would make my job so much easier..........
Have him check to see if the video setting on the Concertone is set to PAL instead of NTSC.
If they or the factory reset the Concertone it will default to PAL.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:18 AM   #3

Thanks. I tried changing it myself after reading of your postings about it in another thread. No change. I will ask the dealer to check it if they cannot figure it out. Thanks for the help. Cheers,
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
Old 07-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
Wanna Be Camper

So to prove it is the system or TV did you try hooking just a normal 20 buck DVD player up to the TV and see what happened? It will remove any doubt about which unit is causing the problem.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #5

I did. Called this morning and they are finishing up and said it is fixed. Confidence meter a little low. But, I will know soon enough. As a back up for our next trip, I will be toting along an extra DVD player from home. Cheers,
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15

Tags
rockwood