Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #21
Site Team

KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #22

concerttone

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper_Lucy View Post
Ask FR to provide you a Jensen, there are using these now on some of the TT.
Jensen AWM970IP Wall Mounted DVD CD USB AM/FM iPod Ready Stereo Camper Trailer RV even if there is a slight cost difference it would be worth it to avoid the Concertone issues that seem to come up here. BTW we have had TT's with both of these units and no problems with either one, (lucky I guess).
can i use this one to replace my current concert tone piece of garbage?
pepper2435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:47 AM   #23

I finally spent 3 nights in the Lexington. Making sure everything worked & if the rig would end up being too crowded for us. I put a DVD move in the Concertone. It started acting up when the main feature came on. This is a once played DVD. I started the DVD over. It played through with no more trouble & with excellent sound. Do I think this thing will last? No!
Dave T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper2435 View Post
can i use this one to replace my current concert tone piece of garbage?
Yes you can. I did it almost right away after we bought our trailer in 2008. The Jensen is a much better unit and has worked perfectly. The hissing is gone and there is more power and "clarity" in the sound; better low end. It is an easy replacement. You might have to do a little surgery on the cabinet as the Jensen is a tad wider.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ures-3888.html
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #25

I realize this thread is very old but thought I would give it a try. I was just curious how Ehlendt's conversion from the Concertone to the 2 Din car unit. These units are truly the next generation. How much cutting and filling did you have to do to make the unit look good. Did you make your own installation kit? Thanks
Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #26

I fixed mine by throwing it out after the 3rd failure! I installed a JVC car stereo in place of it with an aux. input for my DVD player! I now have an excellent stereo and still have surround sound. the only thing I have left is to replace the speakers and move the 2 left side speakers into the slideout for better sound distribution. I do have an amplifier for the small in ceiling subwoofer.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #27

Well I just got home from my first weekend with my new Concertone zx85. My main reason for purchasing it was for the Bluetooth and also to retain the ABC speaker switching that my old zx 75 had. I enjoy sitting outside my trailer and listening to my music while BBQ ing and consuming adult beverages. The plan was to use Bluetooth to keep my iPhone nearby while steaming music to the unit inside my trailer and playing back via my outside speakers. Well the bluetooth failed miserably. I expected it to at least stay connected to my iPhone until I stepped off of my trailer steps...maybe 10-15 feet is all I needed. Instead it kept loosing connectivity even while standing in front of my open trailer door and with the concertone in plain view about 6 feet away. I did not expect to get 30 feet of coverage distance but I did expect 6 feet. Perhaps it was designed to connect only while the iPhone was inside of the trailer and not through aluminum walls. This would explain why concertone calls it a "short range wireless solution ". I also noticed the video kept jumping on screen and required me to eject the DVD and reinstall it to play properly. The Bluetooth in my trucks factory radio has over thirty feet of connectivity (again I don't need but maybe 10-15 feet) and I was wondering if you guys with the aftermarket JVC and Clarion units had similiar performance. I purchase the Concertone from Crutchfield so I'm certain they will exchange it for an after market unit like the ones you guys are using. I just need a little feedback from you on your experiences before I choose a new unit. Thanks in advance.

2012 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Super Duty CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel 3.55 e-locker
2011 Palomino Puma 30KFBDS with Side Paw Kitchen and Bunkhouse
Equalizer E2 Hitch
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #28
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Well, Good Tuesday morning!

gaspeddler, Over the last few months I have been to several RV Shows and conducted multiple dealer trainings recommending and doing exactly what you are trying to accomplish. Why it is not working for you I don't understand and apologize and I certainly hope you will give me a chance to make it right. We have received very few returns on these units and I would certainly like to get yours back directly so we can test it and see whats up.

PLEASE PM or email me with your shipping address and allow me to replace it for you before you make a change.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #29

I'd just like to go on the record and let everyone know that our 2012 Rockwood came with a Genesis 3.0 (Concertone zx85? not sure of the model, but Concertone changed it to Genesis) and it has worked flawlessly from the start, other than a minor mishap with a button, which was quickly fixed. DVD's work great, radio works great, surround sound will blast you out of the thing, outside speakers work great, ipod plays great, satellite radio is awesome, etc. We camped 61 days in 2011 and it was on every single day. So if you have an older unit that is giving you problems, why not ask Bob if you can switch to a new model. There may be an upcharge, but it sure beats the alternative, doesn't it?
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post

gaspeddler, Over the last few months I have been to several RV Shows and conducted multiple dealer trainings recommending and doing exactly what you are trying to accomplish. Why it is not working for you I don't understand and apologize and I certainly hope you will give me a chance to make it right. We have received very few returns on these units and I would certainly like to get yours back directly so we can test it and see whats up.

PLEASE PM or email me with your shipping address and allow me to replace it for you before you make a change.

Thanks

Email sent!

Equalizer E2 Hitch
Old 01-29-2012, 01:05 AM   #31

[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post

Thanks
Well I completed the swap-out between my concertone zx85 and the new replacement Genesis zx85 that Bob Fields shipped me. I have to say that the new unit's Bluetooth worked well. I was able to stream music from my iPhone to the Genesis up to a range of about 20 feet without losing connectivity. That should be more than enough to reach the campground's picnic table. While I had the radio out I went ahead and installed a 12 volt power supply. Thanks again Bob!

Equalizer E2 Hitch