Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #21

Mr. Bates, we are still waiting on the replacement. Also, what about the big black speaker under the tv. The door that covers it is wooden and how is the sound supposed to escape if it worked?
bluerayjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #22

Makes me feel bad about whining over 3.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #23
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Who is mr batts???
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #24

I don't know.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:12 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerayjack View Post
Mr. Fields,

Still awaiting receipt of the 4th unit from the factory. However, I do have another issue. There is a fold out table below the television on the Windjammer RV. This is where the tv, etc. plug in. Below this is two doors. The door on the left is (was) screwed shut. The door on the right opens, but nothing behind it. However, the door on the left has a big black box that appears to be a speaker. If it is in fact a speaker, it doesn't work either and if it did, how does the sound escape behind the solid door?
the sub woofer is a low bass note sort of rig, non directional, and it will probably just shake the rig, rather than need a real outlet for sound. You can drill holes inthe panels or take them off.
My sub woofer is in the ceiling.
hankpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #26
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerayjack View Post
Mr. Fields,

Still awaiting receipt of the 4th unit from the factory. However, I do have another issue. There is a fold out table below the television on the Windjammer RV. This is where the tv, etc. plug in. Below this is two doors. The door on the left is (was) screwed shut. The door on the right opens, but nothing behind it. However, the door on the left has a big black box that appears to be a speaker. If it is in fact a speaker, it doesn't work either and if it did, how does the sound escape behind the solid door?
If you cannot identify this mystery box I suggest you ask the dealer to identify or take some photos and post them for us to all look at.

This guessing does NOT help.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #27
Site Team - Lou

Lets giv Bob a chance to help this member

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/do-you-need-concertone-support-9051.html

Bob Fields is a member of this board!
He is a Vice President of Concertone.
He is here to HELP YOU.
Give the guy a chance to do so.
I highly recommend that in the future, if a member has a Concertone issue or question, the member should be handed off to him before we throw fuel on an out of control fire.

No, I have no connection with him or his company (other than having a ZX-700 in my 2010 Flagstaff - no problems yet - cross fingers).
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #28
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
If you cannot identify this mystery box I suggest you ask the dealer to identify or take some photos and post them for us to all look at.

This guessing does NOT help.

Thanks
The "big black box with a speaker in it" is called a sub-woofer. It is wired into the Concertone's sub-woofer speaker output for Surround sound effect. The door should have a black grill instead of a solid panel. The OTHER door should also be a black grill so the "look" is symmetrical.
This could be a FR issue with the wrong door type installed..
Old 10-28-2010, 10:15 AM   #29
Owner - RVtronics

The problem is he does not really know if it is a speaker or not, hence my suggestion.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #30
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
The problem is he does not really know if it is a speaker or not, hence my suggestion.
I also have exactly what he has in my coach, except mine has a black grill over the two doors in question.

To get the sub to fire, it has to be heavy base "like explosions" in a DVD movie with 7.1, or 5.1 surround sound. It will not work with the radio (and over the air TV) since the stereo output is NOT 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound encoded. The "point one" part of the Dolby is the sub-woofer, the front number is the number of speakers the Dolby is coded for. 5.1 is Left and Right Stereo, Center Channel, Left and right rear surround, and the point one is the sub-woofer. It is possible to "fake" 5.1 surround sound with software in the Dolby receiver like a high end AV receiver in your home (called Theater Mode or some such), but that software is not included in the Concertone units (yet?).