Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2018, 08:49 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Ok, so if I understand this, then it’s the opposite of what I thought you were trying to do before. This says that you want the sound from the Concertone (like from the radio or playing a CD or DVD or something) to play over the TV’s speakers?

I’m not sure why you would need that over just using the speakers hooked up to the Concertone, but here goes:

1) The Concertone would need to be on whatever source you’re trying to play, like if you want the radio to play, then it should be on radio.

2) the box that converts RCA to HDMI that somebody recommended earlier on would have to hooked up between the Concertone’s outputs and then into one of the TV’s inputs.

3) the TV would have to be on whichever input you plugged into. Like, if you plug into HDMI 3, then pick HDMI 3 as the input for the TV.

Note: this is to get the Concertone’s sound to play over the TV’s speakers only. It doesn’t provide the opposite. If you want the TV’s sound, like from OTA, your cable service, a streaming service, something else plugged into the TV on a different input, etc... to play over the Concertone’s speakers (which is what I thought you were trying to do earlier in this thread) then you would need to:

1) connect an optical cable from your TV’s digital out to the Digital to RCA converter I linked above.
2) connect an RCA cable between the Digital to RCA converter into an input on the Concertone.
3) turn on your TV, go into the TV’s setup and there should be some kind of option to select where the TV outputs it’s sound. It might be something like ‘TV speakers’. You need to set that so it plays sound out the digital output. (Sorry, can’t help you much here, I don’t know your TV’s exact menu options)
4) turn on the Concertone and select whichever input you plugged the RCA cables into. For example, if you plugged into AV1, then select AV1.

With this, if you’re watching cable, or OTA tv, or something else plugged directly into your TV, like maybe a Nintendo or something, then the sound from that should go out the digital output, through the digital to rca converter, into the Concertone, and then over the Concertone’s speakers.
The cd/radio plays fine through all speakers from the Concertone. What I'm trying is to play the TV when wanted through the Concertone unit. There's not many options on the unit to choose from, input 1 or 2 and have tried both with RCA audio from the unit to HDMI on the TV. Like another poster said, my unit a bit older than his will not work but it possibly should I would think.

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow.
Retirement life........
pokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:09 AM   #22

On 6-13-2018 pokey started a Thread of "Concertone Question" that has been answerd by Herk,and other Site Members! Now he has one going about the SAME THING only changed the Name to "Concertone System" started on 7-23-2018! This is Very confusing! Youroo!!
Old 07-29-2018, 09:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey View Post
The cd/radio plays fine through all speakers from the Concertone. What I'm trying is to play the TV when wanted through the Concertone unit. There's not many options on the unit to choose from, input 1 or 2 and have tried both with RCA audio from the unit to HDMI on the TV. Like another poster said, my unit a bit older than his will not work but it possibly should I would think.
TV model: SAMSUNG 55" Class 4K (2160P) Ultra HD Smart LED TV UN55MU6300FXZA

Retirement life........
Old 07-29-2018, 09:20 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

The problem is that you’re trying to use the HDMI. This will not work. You cannot get output from an input. As per your earlier comment:

Quote:
The same no but very very similar. I just looked and it does have the Digital Audio Out. I believe what you found will work much better so than what I've been looking at. Thanks for the find I'm going to order it now.

Your TV has a Digital Audio Out. You have to use this port, if you want sound from the TV to play over the Concertone’s speakers. I’ve provided the steps already that you need to do in order to make this work.

And your unit is not too old. I accomplished the same thing with my Genesis GT-2.0, which is older technology than your unit. It’s just a matter of knowing what’s an output, and what’s an input, to make sure you’ve got ‘out’ going into ‘in’.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:21 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
On 6-13-2018 pokey started a Thread of "Concertone Question" that has been answerd by Herk,and other Site Members! Now he has one going about the SAME THING only changed the Name to "Concertone System" started on 7-23-2018! This is Very confusing! Youroo!!
Help and System are about the exact same topic that hasn't been resolved quite yet.

Retirement life........
Old 07-29-2018, 09:51 AM   #26

Quote:
The problem is that you’re trying to use the HDMI. This will not work. You cannot get output from an input. As per your earlier comment:

Your TV has a Digital Audio Out. You have to use this port, if you want sound from the TV to play over the Concertone’s speakers. I’ve provided the steps already that you need to do in order to make this work.

And your unit is not too old. I accomplished the same thing with my Genesis GT-2.0, which is older technology than your unit. It’s just a matter of knowing what’s an output, and what’s an input, to make sure you’ve got ‘out’ going into ‘in’.
You're correct, I do have the audio going out from the Concertone to the HDMI on the TV. Basakwards! Thanks for jigging my mind.

Retirement life........
Old 07-29-2018, 10:53 AM   #27

Quote:
You're correct, I do have the audio going out from the Concertone to the HDMI on the TV. Basakwards! Thanks for jigging my mind.
I already have and hooked up what's needed to connect the 'correct' way except a long enough optical cable. I'll pick it up and everything should work as you explained. Thanks again for your correct solution.

Retirement life........
Old 07-29-2018, 11:25 AM   #28
Site Team - Lou

There are many options for moving sound from on type of connection to another. Just search eBay for the direction you want to go.

For example: Digital Optic to Stereo RCA

https://express.google.com/product/8...tent=test_0_30

Easy and cheap.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 11:42 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
There are many options for moving sound from on type of connection to another. Just search eBay for the direction you want to go.

Easy and cheap.
What you showed is what I have, different brand same thing. I already have everything needed and hooked up. I just need to pick up a 6 foot optical cord and should be good to go. Thanks for all of the info.

Retirement life........
Old 09-08-2018, 07:59 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post

Easy and cheap.
Hey, Just thought I'd let you know that I finally got the Concertone system going to play through my TV. The first connector bought from Amazon stumped me because it wouldn't show any power. Bought another and all is good now. Thanks for your input.

Retirement life........
Old 09-08-2018, 08:35 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Hey, Just thought I'd let you know that I finally got the Concertone system going to play through my TV. The first connector bought from Amazon stumped me because it wouldn't show any power. Bought another and all is good now. Thanks for your input.

Great, thanks for the update. Glad you got it working. Now, of course the unwritten forum etiquette of any modification thread is that

Old 09-08-2018, 08:56 AM   #32

Quote:
Great, thanks for the update. Glad you got it working. Now, of course the unwritten forum etiquette of any modification thread is that

Well I'd have to unhook it in order to take pics. Optical cable from TV to Insignia digital to analog converter, audio red & white RCA cables from converter to RCA inputs already installed in RV, 110 plug in, Concertone set to input 1 and works like a charm.

Retirement life........

Tags
concertone

« zx 700 | New AC »