Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2018, 12:41 PM   #1

Concertone question

Hello all, I have a '06 RV with the Concertone 5.1 system. What I'm wanting to do is to connect it to my LCD Smart TV for sound through the factory mounted speakers. The unit only uses RCA input / outputs and my TV is HDMI only. I found something that may work and would like your input on running the sound to my TV. What I found was an AV to HDMI converter. Would this work plugging the Concertone AV sound outputs and the HDMI going to my TV? I'd appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks! Below is what I'm thinking may work.

https://www.amazon.com/Converter-Com...8911604&sr=8-2

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow.
Retirement life........
pokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey View Post
Hello all, I have a '06 RV with the Concertone 5.1 system. What I'm wanting to do is to connect it to my LCD Smart TV for sound through the factory mounted speakers. The unit only uses RCA input / outputs and my TV is HDMI only. I found something that may work and would like your input on running the sound to my TV. What I found was an AV to HDMI converter. Would this work plugging the Concertone AV sound outputs and the HDMI going to my TV? I'd appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks! Below is what I'm thinking may work.

I bought and used this J-Tech last year.
Amazon: J-Tech Digital JTD-MAV-HDMI Mini Composite RCA CVBS AV to HDMI Converter with Upscale to 720p, 1080p720P 1080P
Click image for larger version

Name:	rca2hdmi.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	175783
They have a web-site: https://www.jtechdigital.com/
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:38 PM   #3

Quote:

Thanks! Did it work for you as for what I'm wanting it to do?

Retirement life........
Old 06-13-2018, 03:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Thanks! Did it work for you as for what I'm wanting it to do?
I used it to feed a HDMI splitter so I could the see the same DVD on both the bedroom and the living room TV.

StarTech.com HDMI Splitter 1 In 2 Out
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:00 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Let's be sure we're talking apples to apples here. If I understood you correctly, you're trying to get the sound from your TV to your concertone system (I assume for over the air TV)? What make/model is your TV? I haven't seen many TV's that the only audio out option was HDMI. On ours, I just used the headphone jack and used a 1/8th to RCA cable to feed back into our Genesis 2.0 radio.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Let's be sure we're talking apples to apples here. If I understood you correctly, you're trying to get the sound from your TV to your concertone system (I assume for over the air TV)? What make/model is your TV? I haven't seen many TV's that the only audio out option was HDMI. On ours, I just used the headphone jack and used a 1/8th to RCA cable to feed back into our Genesis 2.0 radio.
No this is a permanently parked RV using a cable provider. The TV is a smart TV with HDMI inputs only.

Retirement life........
Old 06-13-2018, 04:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk06382 View Post
I used it to feed a HDMI splitter so I could the see the same DVD on both the bedroom and the living room TV.

StarTech.com HDMI Splitter 1 In 2 Out
For $20 bucks I'll give it a try and from what I've read it is for what I'm looking for. Thanks for the info.

Retirement life........
Old 06-13-2018, 05:24 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
No this is a permanently parked RV using a cable provider. The TV is a smart TV with HDMI inputs only.
If I understand you correctly that you want TV sound out of the DVD speakers mounted in the RV, then you don't care what the tv inputs are. There should be RCA or headphone audio out. A simple adapter cable from RCA out or headphone out to aux in of DVD and you should be good to go.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
If I understand you correctly that you want TV sound out of the DVD speakers mounted in the RV, then you don't care what the tv inputs are. There should be RCA or headphone audio out. A simple adapter cable from RCA out or headphone out to aux in of DVD and you should be good to go.
Thanks for the info. This is a fairly new Samsung Smart TV. It has 4 HDMI inputs and 1 coax for cable that's it. The converter after researching is what will hopefully work.

Retirement life........
Old 06-13-2018, 05:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks for the info. This is a fairly new Samsung Smart TV. It has 4 HDMI inputs and 1 coax for cable that's it. The converter after researching is what will hopefully work.
Converter ordered we'll see!

Retirement life........
Old 06-13-2018, 07:43 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
It most likely won't work. An 'Input' isn't an 'output'. Again, if you can let us know the model of the TV, I can look it up online and determine which outputs are available, then help you based on that.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:40 AM   #12

Quote:
It most likely won't work. An 'Input' isn't an 'output'. Again, if you can let us know the model of the TV, I can look it up online and determine which outputs are available, then help you based on that.
Like I said before and they're in plain site, 4 HDMI's and 1 coax nothing else. Here's the TV info from the site:

SAMSUNG 55" Class 4K (2160P) Ultra HD Smart LED TV
HDMI Inputs: yes, 3
USB Ports: yes, 2
Coax Port: yes 1
I purchased the same converter as rk06382 did above. Thanks for the info rk06382

Retirement life........
Old 06-14-2018, 06:31 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you. In that case, is this your TV?

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisio...n55ku6300fxza/

If so, it list in the specs that your audio out option is “Digital Audio Out (optical)”. For that, you would need this kind of converter instead:

https://www.amazon.ca/Neoteck-Digita...-VL&ref=plSrch
Old 06-14-2018, 06:56 AM   #14

Quote:
Thank you. In that case, is this your TV?

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisio...n55ku6300fxza/

If so, it list in the specs that your audio out option is “Digital Audio Out (optical)”. For that, you would need this kind of converter instead:

https://www.amazon.ca/Neoteck-Digita...-VL&ref=plSrch
The same no but very very similar. I just looked and it does have the Digital Audio Out. I believe what you found will work much better so than what I've been looking at. Thanks for the find I'm going to order it now.

Retirement life........
Old 06-14-2018, 07:15 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Not a problem, glad to help. And of course, once you get it all wired you you know that:

Old 06-14-2018, 07:37 AM   #16

Quote:
Not a problem, glad to help. And of course, once you get it all wired you you know that:

lol I was going to post pics but didn't see the option. I see that there's also an upper manager for Concertone on here now to help out with issues when he can. Concertone offers no support unless you purchased online from them. Not very loyal to all customers using their product I believe.

Retirement life........
Old 06-14-2018, 08:06 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
lol I was going to post pics but didn't see the option. I see that there's also an upper manager for Concertone on here now to help out issues when he can. Concertone offers no support unless you purchased online from them. Not very loyal to all customers using there product I believe.
Easiest thing for the pictures is to grab a quote from our "Forums 101 thread":

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
  • Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 50K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.

You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo gallery.

To do this: Paste the url of the image into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

The image will appear where the url was in your text.
Regarding the Concertone rep, I believe Bob left Concertone several years ago. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him on here in a while either. However, we've got a pretty good base knowledgable people on these forums from all walks of life and all kinds of backgrounds so in most cases, somebody will know something about something.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:11 AM   #18

Quote:
Easiest thing for the pictures is to grab a quote from our "Forums 101 thread":

Regarding the Concertone rep, I believe Bob left Concertone several years ago. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him on here in a while either. However, we've got a pretty good base knowledgable people on these forums from all walks of life and all kinds of backgrounds so in most cases, somebody will know something about something.
Thanks!

Retirement life........
Old 07-29-2018, 06:39 AM   #19

Quote:
No I'm trying to get the sound from the Concertone unit to run through my smart TV. I've already purchased what should work but unsure as to what channel on the Concertone to use for it to work. The TV option on the unit is pretty much for RCA inputs in and out. I've purchased an adaptor with RCA out and HDMI to the TV. There's an input 1 and 2 on the unit but can't seem to get it to work. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Retirement life........
Old 07-29-2018, 08:14 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
No I'm trying to get the sound from the Concertone unit to run through my smart TV. I've already purchased what should work but unsure as to what channel on the Concertone to use for it to work. The TV option on the unit is pretty much for RCA inputs in and out. I've purchased an adaptor with RCA out and HDMI to the TV. There's an input 1 and 2 on the unit but can't seem to get it to work. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Ok, so if I understand this, then it’s the opposite of what I thought you were trying to do before. This says that you want the sound from the Concertone (like from the radio or playing a CD or DVD or something) to play over the TV’s speakers?

I’m not sure why you would need that over just using the speakers hooked up to the Concertone, but here goes:

1) The Concertone would need to be on whatever source you’re trying to play, like if you want the radio to play, then it should be on radio.

2) the box that converts RCA to HDMI that somebody recommended earlier on would have to hooked up between the Concertone’s outputs and then into one of the TV’s inputs.

3) the TV would have to be on whichever input you plugged into. Like, if you plug into HDMI 3, then pick HDMI 3 as the input for the TV.

Note: this is to get the Concertone’s sound to play over the TV’s speakers only. It doesn’t provide the opposite. If you want the TV’s sound, like from OTA, your cable service, a streaming service, something else plugged into the TV on a different input, etc... to play over the Concertone’s speakers (which is what I thought you were trying to do earlier in this thread) then you would need to:

1) connect an optical cable from your TV’s digital out to the Digital to RCA converter I linked above.
2) connect an RCA cable between the Digital to RCA converter into an input on the Concertone.
3) turn on your TV, go into the TV’s setup and there should be some kind of option to select where the TV outputs it’s sound. It might be something like ‘TV speakers’. You need to set that so it plays sound out the digital output. (Sorry, can’t help you much here, I don’t know your TV’s exact menu options)
4) turn on the Concertone and select whichever input you plugged the RCA cables into. For example, if you plugged into AV1, then select AV1.

With this, if you’re watching cable, or OTA tv, or something else plugged directly into your TV, like maybe a Nintendo or something, then the sound from that should go out the digital output, through the digital to rca converter, into the Concertone, and then over the Concertone’s speakers.

Tags
concertone

« zx 700 | New AC »