Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney1
Quick question for Bob Fields.

First of all you have my respect for being here answering questions and helping people out.

I only have a question not a complaint or even a problem. I have a Genesis GT-2.0 and a friend of ours has a Concertone ??.
We have noticed that the Concert tone has a Weather Band feature (auto search too).
Do you know if the Genesis GT-2.0 has the Weather Band feature?
I do not see any documentation for it so I can I assume it does not.

I guess this question could be open to all not just Bob.
The GT2 does NOT have weather band. Weather band is available in the GT3.
Thanks for the quick response Bob.
You are doing an excellent job here - keep it up!!

2020 Salem Cruise Lite 241QBXL
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn Eco-Diesel
Previous Trailer -> 2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
-> 1996 Jayco 1207
Barney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #42

My Concertone issue

Hello, I'm also having truble with my Concertone ZX75 unit. The radio and speakers work fine. CD / DVD player do not. I haven't tried the usb or sdmi card reader.
We just bought our camper in January. It is new, though it is a 2011 model. The CD player worked the first time I tried it but then made some strange intermitent squealling type noises. Now the discs do not spin. When I load a dvd into the unit the display reads "loading" After a few seconds the display reads " no disc ".
lbcarr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #43
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcarr87 View Post
Hello, I'm also having truble with my Concertone ZX75 unit. The radio and speakers work fine. CD / DVD player do not. I haven't tried the usb or sdmi card reader.
We just bought our camper in January. It is new, though it is a 2011 model. The CD player worked the first time I tried it but then made some strange intermitent squealling type noises. Now the discs do not spin. When I load a dvd into the unit the display reads "loading" After a few seconds the display reads " no disc ".
Sorry for your inconvenience - have your dealer check it out and replace if necessary while it is under warranty.

Sometimes people tell me they have had problems "since day one" yet they don't utilize their factory warranty during the warranty period. This I will never understand...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #44

Bob,
Thanks for your reply. The reason for my posting the issue here was in the hopes that there may be an easy solution, if perhaps someone else experienced the same problem.
Please understand my dealer is approx. 4 hours, driving time ,away, each way, so the fuel cost & expenses to travel that far to fix a defective dvd player doesn't make much economical sense.
I've e-mailed the dealer and will wait for their response.
lbcarr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcarr87 View Post
Bob,
Thanks for your reply. The reason for my posting the issue here was in the hopes that there may be an easy solution, if perhaps someone else experienced the same problem.
Please understand my dealer is approx. 4 hours, driving time ,away, each way, so the fuel cost & expenses to travel that far to fix a defective dvd player doesn't make much economical sense.
I've e-mailed the dealer and will wait for their response.

I'm in the same boat. My ZX75 wont play anything on my 2011 21SS. Dealer is to far away. My water pump died and I replaced it myself for less than the gas money for one way trip to the dealer. And that's an upgrade to a quieter pump. I just orderd a $34 Sony DVD player as a solution for the sub-par Concertone.
Hybrid21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #46

I recently purchased a 2010 25RL with the ZX75. Audio seems fine but there is no video.

The wiring from the unit is bundled together under a piece of rug, but all the outbound wires (both audio and video) are connected. However they run down along the "well" where the TV is stored and then go through the back wall. Where do these wires lead to??? I can't find a control panel nor any reason why they can't go directly to the TV. The TV functions properly and I've hooked up a spare DVD player which works fine.
I've read the complaints about the ZX75 and Concertone in general, but I suspect that this unit was never properly connected to the TV....but I'm afraid to disconnect the wiring for fear that these lead to a simple control panel that I cannot find.
Ultimately, I'd loved to watch a movie and have it play through the ZX75 with the speakers that are already in place.

On a more general note...it seems that there is no integrated operational/instructional literature for the entire 5th wheel, but only individual product instructions that only discuss how each item works, (i.e., Microwave, Water Heater, Stove etc.) but not how they are installed/operate within the respective TT. If I am wrong about this, please direct me to where I can obtain some operation guide to my 5th wheel. If this does exist I would assume it would show where the wires I mentioned earlier lead to.

Thank you
iscotty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #47
one day at a time

My ZX50 (2 months out of warranty) had the aux input push into the device. Dealer said he has no idea how to fix it and it's out of warranty. Anybody here have any bright ideas? Or any suggestions for an aftermarket replacement? Thanks
Idle_Idylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #48

I'm having a different issue with the ZX75 in my '09 Salem. When I use the DVD player, I can't seem to be able to get from the main menu into the secondary menus--like today, I put in a DVD of a TV series, the main menu came up, but nothing I pushed would get me over to the specific episode menus. Do I need a remote to do this? Just wondering. Thanks!
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #49
Mod free 5er

Our GT3 works fine with the exception that to hear the outside speakers you have to turn the volume up so much it is unbearable in the living room and bedroom. Would like to figure out how to do some kind of test without having to hook up and take the trailer to the dealer. Anyone else have this problem? Ours is a 2012 Flagstaff.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:41 AM   #50
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by iscotty123 View Post
I recently purchased a 2010 25RL with the ZX75. Audio seems fine but there is no video.
You need to connect the yellow video output wire to the video input on your TV. Then select "composite" on your TV using the "input" or "source" select button on the TV or remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iscotty123 View Post
On a more general note...it seems that there is no integrated operational/instructional literature for the entire 5th wheel
The current manual for the entire camper is located in the FAQ section.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ual-21681.html

Check out the entire FAQ while you are there.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ZX75 Manual 1st gen.pdf (1.10 MB, 113 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #51
Mod free 5er

Need some help in getting the outside speaker volume increased without having to turn the volume up so high inside as to make it unbearable. Does anyone have any suggestions other than take it to the dealer for testing which is a PITA just to test it. Should be something that can be tested/adjusted/etc. at home.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
I'm having a different issue with the ZX75 in my '09 Salem. When I use the DVD player, I can't seem to be able to get from the main menu into the secondary menus--like today, I put in a DVD of a TV series, the main menu came up, but nothing I pushed would get me over to the specific episode menus. Do I need a remote to do this? Just wondering. Thanks!
I had the same problem for the brief time that it worked at all. We have the remote (tiny little thing. Need magnifying glasses to see anything) and still couldn't get get to the menu on some discs. So much happier with the Sony DVD player we bought to replace it. Its better with the sound coming from the TV than the TT speakers that are no where near the entertainment unit.
Hybrid21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #53

Didn't get the two remotes for my used trailer.It's a zx600, any sugestions?
bornerdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #54
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornerdm View Post
Didn't get the two remotes for my used trailer.It's a zx600, any sugestions?
I would contact thier customer service and get a new one for the ZX-600 from them. The TV should work with a standard "universal" controller fom a box store.

Concertone® Technical Support
Old 06-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #55

I have a remote for a zx600 do you want it my unit was changed out for a gensis unit I will sent it to you just pm me your address and I will stick it the mail if interested
Old 06-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #56
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy02 View Post
I have a remote for a zx600 do you want it my unit was changed out for a gensis unit I will sent it to you just pm me your address and I will stick it the mail if interested
No kidding; this is why this site ROCKS.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #57

Just purchased a V-Lite 21 and we have the same issue about very little sound to the outside speakers. Let me know if you find anything out. i will do the same.
Brad Codding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #58
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Codding View Post
Just purchased a V-Lite 21 and we have the same issue about very little sound to the outside speakers. Let me know if you find anything out. i will do the same.
Don't think you will get much help from Concertone on that issue, it has been brought up numerous times and the rep. has not responded with a fix yet. A lot of us are waiting someone to show or tell us of a simple fix.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #59
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

Don't think you will get much help from Concertone on that issue, it has been brought up numerous times and the rep. has not responded with a fix yet. A lot of us are waiting someone to show or tell us of a simple fix.
I big a#$ amp will liven them puppies up!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #60
Site Team - Lou

For the record, my outside speakers are plenty loud; but since there is only a single volume control in the install when I make them as loud as I want; the inside speakers are too loud.

So the issue is adding a separate volume control for each channel, A; B; and C.

I will look around for a speaker level volume control. I think it would be a good candidate for a simple mod that can be located right at the sound system panel.

Tags
led pad