Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
J. Parham

Question Concertone TV Setup

I purchased a 2009 Flagstaff 829RGSS from an individual for $12K about a month ago. In going through and getting everything set up the way I want, I have had trouble getting the concertone system to work. The radio works and ipod dock, but I am having trouble with getting the TV to play through the system. I haven't tried using the DVD yet. I know it has bad reviews, but I do not believe I have all the cables necessary for even connecting the TV to the wall plate.

Can someone provide a photo of the connections and cables necessary to connect the TV to the wall plate and also describe the use of the multi function panel that allows other devices like gaming systems or satellite receivers to be used. I have manuals, but they IMO are not the clearest on the systems connection or use.

This is a Concertone 600 system.
snjparham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
J. Parham

OK after submitting this post I realized there was a concertone forum. Not sure how to move this to there. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:08 AM   #3

I had the same question/problem in the past. First off the concertone will not work with the new digital tv signals. If you have the new tvs, the ones that receive the new signal your job is easier. You did not say in the post. First off see if you can get a good signal using the tv instead of concertone.Hook the tv dirrect to the wall plate make sure the antena boost button is pushed , you will see a small red light. What I found was to take the concertone out so you can see where all the cables go. I found most of the tv cables were loose and broke down the signal.

If you are refering to the little black box with buttons for tv.aux. for tv 1 and 2 get rid of it. I have used the wall plate connections for wii, its just a matter of finding the right combo on concetone.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
J. Parham

After a little playing around with it, I got it all figured out. Everything seems to work, but the 5.1 surround is awful. Changed it to stereo and it works well enough for me. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Make SURE your video output is set to NTSC! Mine came set to PAL (a European standard). No video output to TV from USB drives or internal DVD player on arrival. No help from dealer. The setup defaulted to PAL for some reason.

My Olivia TV works great in digital HD through the Concertone. Make sure you turn on the antenna AMP (green light on) when using the roof antenna. Make SURE you turn it OFF for cable or satellite.

Use AV2 for 5.1 surround sound. Lower TV volume to zero and use the Conertone for volume control.

Hope this helps.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #6

Won't play DVDs from DVD player

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Make SURE your video output is set to NTSC! Mine came set to PAL (a European standard). No video output to TV from USB drives or internal DVD player on arrival. No help from dealer. The setup defaulted to PAL for some reason.

My Olivia TV works great in digital HD through the Concertone. Make sure you turn on the antenna AMP (green light on) when using the roof antenna. Make SURE you turn it OFF for cable or satellite.

Use AV2 for 5.1 surround sound. Lower TV volume to zero and use the Conertone for volume control.

Hope this helps.
I can attach a seperate DVD player to the AV2 input and play movies but it will not play the video portion of a movie from the built-in DVD player. Also there is no display of any SETUP screen, so I can't change any settings. Does anyone have a clue what the problem may be?
gneumm is offline   Reply With Quote