Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #1

Concertone ZX50

I have a Forest River Wildcat, 2009 with a Concertone ZX50 Radio/CD player. The radio works fine but now I am getting an "ERR" message when I insert a CD. It worked fine up until 2 weeks ago. And, of course, the user's manual has no troubleshooting tips nor does it say what this "ERR" message means. Can anyone help me?
nantucket49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:02 AM   #2
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
ERRor

Try a disk Cleaner.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #3

Tried that....didn't work. Still getting Err msg.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #4

My Concertone CD player failed the first week after I got my new Rockwood. The dealer replaced it and it lasted until the warranty expired. Same problem it would not read a CD. I used a cleaner, air blast, I even took it apart and really cleaned it with no luck. Concertone was no help. They told me to replace it with a really expensive Concertone unit. I replaced it with a Jensen unit and have had 2 years so far without a problem.
jpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #5

I haven't played too many CDs in my Concertone (2008 Salem LE) but I noticed this weekend that it wouldn't play Original "factory" CDs but did play the CDs I had copied and burned of originals from my computer...

Could it be a formatting issue?
Hudlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #6

It did read factory CDs up until the last camping trip. I tried the CD I was playing before it went on the fritz and it still gives me the Err msg. Thanks for the response, tho!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #7

I had the very same problem with mine after a few months, but my dealer replaced it. I have had the replacement for 2 years now with no problems.

There used to be a Rep from ConcerTone on here. Maybe he'll see this and give you some advice.
cbenslay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #8

Sorry to say---

Marketing stats tell us that it takes 10 times the amount of money to find new customers vs. keeping current ones. And, in today's world a different company is relatively easy to find especially on the Internet; most of whom are anxious to gain your account.

I'm still waiting after 2 years for a call on an attachment they produce. Oh well, when I get tired of this unit I'll change to another and won't give them a second look.

Since I'm not super anxious to spend the bucks in my economy, and these guys have more than they need, it seems, I simply remind myself that I've still got my USDs.

Mike
traveler2955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #9

I had 3 concert ones on my camper. Each failed. They were covered under extended warranty so it was just aggravation. Our dealer contacted Forrest River and they replaced it with a Genisis 3.0. So far it has been fine. Direct replacement with adapter wiring harness. About a 30 minute job. Good luck..
Oleblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
concertone, zx50