Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #41

We use our Concertone ZX700 to fill a rectangular hole in the wall
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesm View Post
We use our Concertone ZX700 to fill a rectangular hole in the wall
LAWL!

:rofl:

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #43

My 30wfkss v-lite 2 slides is still in the dealer shop. "still waiting on the new replacement zx700 to come in" is what i'm told. Been waiting on it for three weeks now. Are these things on backorder or have they just halted all out shipments of them till they get this figured out? Anybody know anything? From the sounds of things I'd better not get my hopes up that the new one will not "screen jump" either.
wfkssvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:25 PM   #44

Yo Bob!

Updates?

Husky Centerline Hitch
Old 12-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #45
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
None that I can speak to yet - but stand by...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
None that I can speak to yet - but stand by...
Soon I hope.

My zx700 is "jumping" and I'd rather not head off to the dealer to order another one on warranty if I didn't have to...

Or do you recommend I get it replaced under warranty right now?

Husky Centerline Hitch
Old 12-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #47
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
Soon I hope.

My zx700 is "jumping" and I'd rather not head off to the dealer to order another one on warranty if I didn't have to...

Or do you recommend I get it replaced under warranty right now?
Check your PM...
(781) 281-9440
Old 12-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #48

My dealer told me that my warranty replacement zx700 is on back order and that Forest River is reworking the zx700's since they have had so many problems with them. They ordered it Thanksgiving week. Getting antsy to get it back.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #49

since 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman06 View Post
I am having the same problem with the video jumping. I checked the NTSC and they were set correctly. Mine does it whether I am playing a DVD or using the AV1 setting for the satellite. My 5er is a 2011 Rockwood 8286WS.
First post, I`ve been reading about issues with this brand of entertainment center since 2006 when I bought my rockwood, I could be wrong but I think I see a pattern here
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #50
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSHGTO View Post
First post, I`ve been reading about issues with this brand of entertainment center since 2006 when I bought my rockwood, I could be wrong but I think I see a pattern here
Did you review this thread from the beginning and check out some of the suggestions?

If so, what Concertone Model do you have, and what TV?
Also what RV Brand, Model & Year.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

I am traveling tomorrow until after 2pm EST...

Best regards,
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-03-2011, 12:50 AM   #51

Any resolutions to the video problems Bob?

I'll be putting in a warranty claim for my jumping video soon and would rather head to the dealer with a solution instead of "just change it"....

Husky Centerline Hitch
Old 01-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #52
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
Any resolutions to the video problems Bob?

I'll be putting in a warranty claim for my jumping video soon and would rather head to the dealer with a solution instead of "just change it"....
LOL - I knew I should have sent you a note before responding to this thread! ;-)

Lets touch bases tomorrow (ah, today) to discuss status. I am traveling until 2pm EST by plane. Email me the best way to call you and when.

Thanks
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #53

I posted previously about my zx700 jumping. but as I was watching a DVD the other day I also noticed another problem with it .The video would slowly get further and further (about 1/2 second or so) behind the audio. I would back up or stop the DVD and push play again and it would be fine for 10-15 more minutes before I would notice it lagging behind again. Not to mention that I can pick up radio stations better with my pocket radio sitting in my TT than on the zx700. 2011 wfkss 30 v-lite
Old 01-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #54

Quote:
LOL - I knew I should have sent you a note before responding to this thread! ;-)

Lets touch bases tomorrow (ah, today) to discuss status. I am traveling until 2pm EST by plane. Email me the best way to call you and when.

Thanks

You can shoot me a PM if you like.

I don't like giving out my personal phone number, especially because I only have a cell phone and international long distance charges will be out of this world.

My work number is a military number and I can't give that out.

I can shoot you a PM with my email address if you want.

I have a browser push that sends it directly to my blackberry.

Cheers

Husky Centerline Hitch
Old 01-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #55
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfkssvlite View Post
I posted previously about my zx700 jumping. but as I was watching a DVD the other day I also noticed another problem with it .The video would slowly get further and further (about 1/2 second or so) behind the audio. I would back up or stop the DVD and push play again and it would be fine for 10-15 more minutes before I would notice it lagging behind again. Not to mention that I can pick up radio stations better with my pocket radio sitting in my TT than on the zx700. 2011 wfkss 30 v-lite
I have not seen this before...
Anyone else?

Is your RV still under warranty?
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #56

Quote:
Anyone else?

Yes, RV is under warranty. I just bought it in early November. I had it out one time. Took it back to the dealer a week after purchase to get the zx700 "jumping" problem taken care of. They had it up until Dec. 22 (about 4 and a half weeks) waiting on a new zx700 but I didn't want it setting on their lot all winter so I brought it back home. This is when I just happened to notice the video lagging behing the audio problem. My dealer still to this day have not got the new replacement unit in from concertone. They have told me it is on back order along with four others. I would think that someone in Forest River/Concertone should be looking into a solution to this problem a little more promptly than it seems. I would think customer satisfaction should be a major driving factor in either fixing the issue promptly or going back to the drawing board. I understand the unit is under warranty but I would rather not have to deal with the same new cheap replacement that would require my time and effort to have to take my RV back to the dealer just to have the same known defective unit put in it again and again. Don't get me wrong. I've only had one concertone unit that has ever had a problem but, it's also the only concertone unit I've ever owned and have yet to get it replaced because everyone else is needing one too. Thats enough to turn me off to it not to mention the people I know personally that have had as many issues with their concertone units besides what I've read on here. Spend $30k on a camper you think the manufacturer would try a little harder to make it right when they know they have design flaw. Anyway, I don't mean to rag, just honest customer feedback. Thanks
Old 01-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #57
Owner - RVtronics

So, I have address the "honest feedback" people have over and over again. If I did not care what you had to say, I would not be here getting into the line of fire. I appreciate you saying "you don't mean to rag", but you do and it does not make me respond any faster. If you need to vent, fine - you can even call and yell at me if it makes you feel better.

I wont get into the he said, she said of your response, but it is very easy for anyone in the food chain to blame someone or something else. Many people here also have units that work perfectly fine, including people who bought units that were built at the same time as yours.

I have demonstrated I am interested in facts, which is why I ask questions no one else seems to. In this case, I now discover you are reporting a NEW symptom ALONG with your video "jumping" issue. A symptom (un-syncing) I have not seen or heard anyone else report, just as the video "jumping" issue is reported by a handful of people.

My next question would be, was the video "jumping" as it was "un-syncing"?

I apologize if you are annoyed with my questions, but it is the only thing that will get to real answers. Just saying something is broke does not help anything, especially when there is a good chance it ain't broke.

As a general update and as previously reported, the ZX700 has been tested in a number of scenarios and with a number of TVs. It's video output is easily within specifications and it performs as expected on the TV's. The "jumping" issue is NOT a consistent or internal issue within the ZX700 and we are looking at what else it may be.

I apologize we have not identified a particular cause for the small number of cases that have been reported and believe me, I will notify you as soon as I have something to report.

Lastly, I totally understand your RV is broke and not just your entertainment system. I care, I care, I care - really!

Best regards,
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #58
Wanna Be Camper

This may seem abit off topic but it really isn't. All anyone has to do is a google search of RV entertainment isssues and you will quickly see FR and Concertone are not the only manufacturers with problems. I think everyone here should be thankful someone of Bob's knowledge and position in the Concertone organization cares enough to go on the RV forums helping out Concertone owners. Another thing many of you don't realize is there are some premimum brand name RV's out there that have sound systems that have absoutly no brand name on them and no way to get support except through the RV manufacturer and you will also find there are companies out there that are far less willing than FR and Concertone to help out owners of their equipment.
I understand people wanting their equipment to work, however throwing new hardware at a problem does not always help and when you have dealers that just insist on swapping out hardware 3 or 4 times for the same fault, shame on them. This kind of wasting of resources just makes shortages of hardware for the legitimate problems that are out there. (If I had ever done that when I was int Air Force to try and fix an aircraft I would have been kicked out of my trade as a weapons systems tech) Yes maybe the Concertone units are not the top of the line but they are designed to meet a specific price point and performance target which most do I believe as I have said before on here. most people only look for forums when they have issues but there are many thousands that never see the dealer lot a second time for any reason.

I say hats off to Bob for taking time out of his day and time away from his family to try and help people out and I believe it is a testament to the fact that Concertone does care and are trying to make a better product as well as stand behind what they currently have out there.

For everyone that is having issues, make sure you give Bob proper information that he requires and make sure you understand what he is asking and directing you to do. You may be pleasantly suprised. Also getting upset and venting to Bob is kind of like shooting the hand that feeds you. If he is frustrated it makes it hard for him to offer advice and or help.

OK I'll get off my sandbox now and return you to your regularly scheduled program.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #59

Quote:
Anyone else?

i have also had the same issue with the picture jumping, i cannot recall there being an issue with the sound though. i got my trailer new in Sept 2010.
i read that there was a new unit coming out with hdmi outputs, i am hoping that i can change out this one for the new one with a upgrade cost!

Jason
ohcnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #60
Owner - RVtronics

Specifically I am asking if anyone else has sen the audio un-syncing from the video...
I have not.
Thanks
(781) 281-9440