Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #1

Concertone ZX75

Obviously these systems have some issues. We have only had ours for a little over a week and i can't get it to power up. Worked lasty week but nothing now. Contacted my Service guy and he said pull unit out and there will be a fuse on the back. Does anyone know what type and size this fuse is??? Thanks for any help you can give me. Mark
Mark Danzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #2

Mark, If your blowing a fuse more than likely if you fix it..it will blow again. I would suggest you take your unit in and have it loked at. These Concertone 12 volt units are Junk. If they make it past your warranty I would be suprised. If they do make it past warranty sooner or later it will need replaced. I would suggest you replace it with a piece of Car audio. One of these days Forest River will put a quality audio system in their product. Have you ever bought a car and had trouble with your stereo system? This is why I suggest car audio.

Hope this helps.
csteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #3
CampeRooo

Many of the higher quality audio systems that run around the same price as the new concertone stuff can play dvd's, cd's, cd-r's, cd-rw's, etc and have outputs specific for subs, amps, tv's etc. I usually take a look at the crutchfield dot com site and find one i like and then google the model number to find the best price on it. But, crutchfield does offer assistance and advice with every purchase in the event u run into problems. Only thing is that they won't have wiring diagrams for r.v.'s, but they do for almost every vehicle out there.

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #4

Concertone ZX75 power problem

Mark Danzl,
I've got a unit like your and I'm having the same problem with it.
But I've found that you can disconnect the power plug on the back of the unit and re-install it and the unit should power back up. I've found that any time the unit is totally without power and when you restore the power to the unit it act like it has NO power to it or like a blown fuse.
Hope this helps you.
bajamike1
bajamike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #5

I've had a similiar problem with our new Rockwood.
After set up we would try to use it and nothing. No power.
The funny thing is all I had to do was pull the mini fuse for the radio, located by the breaker panel, and reinstall it and the stupid thing would work. It would be fine for the whole weekend.
Try this, it's easier than pulling the radio out.
Wisconsin Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:47 PM   #6

I too have the same problem on my 2010 Surveyor. Did the same as above and pulled the fuse in the panel, put it back in and it reset. The first time it happened my camper battery was very low. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but has not happened since.
KegStealer is offline   Reply With Quote