Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #1

Condensation Drain Hose

Had a small problem on this last outing with the water drain line in the Crusader 270RET..When the condensation will fill the little drain receptical up...the water would not run outsidue when full...if I scked on the hose outside, some water would come out of the house...in no time at all the cup inside would soon be overflowing once again.....blew into the hose got very little air to come out on the inside of the frig....pulled on the white drain hose very hard, another foot and a half came out..think I have a hose twisted from the factory..only way to check is to remove the frig.?
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #2

Frig. Removal

Can someone give me a heads up on removing the frig., also watched a you tube video yesterday on replacing the white flexible hose with a clear rubber 1/2" ID item...will last longer and looks nice..also suggested I put a light loop in the pipe as a P trap to keep excess heat from entering the frig...any ideas on that..HELP
1985 S-10 One Owner:
Old 06-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #3

Drain Line Repair

We finally got around to removing the Frig last night, the drain hose was wrapped around the coils at least twice, no wonder it would not drain. could not believe the installation crew at Prime Time could be do dump..Replaced the cheap plastic hose with a 1/2" ID clear hose, install looks and works great..be sure to leave a "p" trap in the hose, if not warm air will come back in the frig. and will raise the temp by at least ten degrees..picture to follow
1985 S-10 One Owner:
Old 06-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #4

Condensation Drain Fix

Told you I would get a photo of the factory installed condensation drain line on our Crusader 270RET...No wonder this drain was not working properly, as you can see it is wrapped around the refrig. coils...little more than a "P" Trap wouldn't you say. DW and I removed the frig enough to get in behind from the out side.....pulled the white plastic pipe completely out, the replaced is with the 1/2" ID Clear Hose Shown. Rather than leaving a U in the hose to hold some condensation in, I am actually installing a 1/2"OD Check Valve to do the same thing, but without a U in the hose...The new clear hose is a little hard to make go into a U. This is going to work just great. Also installing some LED lights inside also for this area is pretty dark at night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frigchurch 003.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	33766   Click image for larger version

Name:	drainlinenew.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	33767  
1985 S-10 One Owner: