Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #21
smity70

Maybe Some Help

I contacted Concertone(email on the listed web page) and briefly discussed my issues with my zx550. They responded by offering me a ZX690 for $200 off retail- $349 instead of $549 plus shipping, and the $30 adapter for free. Further more they were willing to give me a heck of a deal on a bundle of this unit with a LCD. I can PM or email you the correspondence they sent to me on request. This however does not solve your or my quandry on whether or not to trust another Concertone.??????? -----my first post here hope I can help!
smity70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:32 AM   #22

Thanx for the info smity70,
I also contacted Concertone via their e-mail address on their new website this is the conversation:

Message: To Whom It May Concern at Concertone: I've been dealing with Forestriver Service and Warranty Rep. for sometime now, with MANY on going problems with my Concertone ZX500 unit. I'm on my forth unit now, and still have problems (additional problems) in my 2006 5th wheel Cherokee trailer, since we bought it. I'd like to know and to be confident that the ZX690 would be better/ more reliable unit, than what we've seen in the past with other units? Just keep in mind that I paid extra for an Upgraded Premium Entertainment System when I ordered/purchased my 2006 Cherokee and have had nothing but problems since day one. As of now Forestriver will no longer warranty other unit. Forestriver says they cannot get or offer the NEW ZX690. In order for me to replace my ongoing defective ZX500 unit, they are offering me a ZX550 unit at a cost. I’m worried and hesitant to get the ZX550 that it might just have the same (or others/more) issues and I’ll just be wasting more time and money. I’m also worried and hesitant to get the new ZX690 as well, but being that it seems to be the latest and greatest, I’m hoping you’ll assure me that this unit has fixed all the reported problems so many people talk about on the on-line forums about all the past Concertone units. I just need/want an actual reliable Upgraded Premium Entertainment System (that we already paid extra for) that will work without so many problems, I need a reliable Entertainment Unit that I don’t have to worry if it’s going to work or not ALL THE TIME! In my case since we never had a constant working system without problems since the trailer was new, I don’t feel I should have to pay again or so much for something we already purchased/paid for. Please contact me ASAP, maybe we can work something out to swap out my existing ZX500 unit for the ZX690 to get this ongoing problem finally resolved. Another question is if I get the ZX690 and if/when it needs to be replaced, what will be the replacement options/cost then? Will there be a new warranty with the ZX690, considering the track record of these units? Again, I hope it wont need to be replaced, I’m hoping you’ll assure me that this unit has fixed all the reported problems in the past Concertone units. I don't want to be constantly replacing/working on these units! Please make me a happy customer / Happy Camper again! Looking forward to hear from you soon,

Concertone’s reply:
Dear xxxxxx,
We are sorry to hear about your bad experience with your Concertone ZX500.]
If your unit is still under warranty please contact the dealer for a warranty replacement. At this moment we (Concertone) can not exchange your ZX500 for a ZX690 free of charge.
However,
Since you are a current Concertone customer we can give you a special discount of $250.00 off the ZX690 if you would like to buy it from our web store.
Click here to visit our web store: http://concertone.amazonwebstore.com...B001N0UHLI.htm

Regards,
Concertone support

My Reply:

Thank you, An ongoing question is does the ZX690 have a TV tunner and the 5.1 surround sound like the ZX500?
-TC

Concertone’s reply:
Dear xxxxxx,
The ZX690 doesn’t have a built-in TV tuner, it does have 5.1 surround sound like the ZX500.
Regards,
Concertone support

My album; past and present projects:https://www.flickr.com/photos/9617164...7600656468619/
ILUVRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:56 AM   #23

So the "NEW" ZX 690/700 won't even work as a direct replacement in my application anyway.... I still need to purchase (spend more$$$) on buying an additional TV. And if I'm going to do that I might as well get a digital 12volt one...

This is what I'm thinking about Concertone and their products

In the interm while we're trying to enjoy our camping trips now and I decide what to do next. I hooked up an external (110v) DVD player (since that is my one current major problem, dvd's wont play) feeding into input 1 and play through the surround and on the 19" COncertone LCD monitor (while the Concertone monitor stays on, it shuts off from time to time). I also use our laptop (if we have internet connection) and use our SLING box, and we either watch it via the laptop monitor or I feed it out to the Concertone monitor via DVI cable and audio into input 1
Kind of a messy set up but it works...

My album; past and present projects:https://www.flickr.com/photos/9617164...7600656468619/
Old 06-05-2009, 06:39 AM   #24

While searching, I think I've found the best replacement for both features and quality, except only feature I would loose is the surround sound. But like KyDan said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
In My Opinion-- 5.1 surround sound is over rated in a small environment like the
inside of a motorhome or trailer.
Just my 2¢

If I could snap my fingers and get rid of the annoying background noise in my system
and just have stereo with a decent bass pumper for those kewl explosions in the
action movies, I'd be a happy camper!!
The Jensen JE1909 TV - Jensen AWM970 radio - with the ipod cable and storage pocket (this would take up most of the space left behind from the Concertone unit) - Jensen Power760 amp (for the woofer) to hook up/run to the speaker zone "A" which now has the dual voice coil sub woofer, and the 5.1 surround sound 5 satilite speakers, along with speaker zone "B" just two speakers in bedroom and speaker zone "C" also just two speaker outside... (all controlled by the Jensen AWM970).

I know this would be kind of expensive, but if I’m going to spend $$$ on anything it’s going to be something with quality that I don’t have to worry if it’s going to work or not ALL the TIME ! Plus this sets me up for the digital TV conversion – one time deal - DONE … Also while dealing with Jensen tech/sales department they went out of their way made a drawing of how to hook up the wiring to my existing trailer Concertone wiring (I have an HTML if anyones wants it just PM me) and since explaining all my problems to them they are willing to give me a discount on all the equipment (prob cuz I'm spending so much)!!!
I was thinking I could always just purchase one item at a time (one pay check at a time)....

Old 09-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #25

Thumbs down Zx700

I just got my ZX700 and the audio is great: three speaker zones and 5.1 surround sound. However, the video does not meet the audio standards. The video is the lowest level resolution--composite, with no S-video, component or HDMI output. My Hitachi HD TV in our new Palomino Sabre has all of these listed inputs but they are useless because the ZX700 does not have the corresponding outputs for better or HD TV. Very disappointing video output. The DVD player plays the high resolution discs but outputs them as low resolution composite to the TV.
Hope this helps, Frank
fjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #26
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjenkins View Post
I just got my ZX700 and the audio is great: three speaker zones and 5.1 surround sound. However, the video does not meet the audio standards. The video is the lowest level resolution--composite, with no S-video, component or HDMI output. My Hitachi HD TV in our new Palomino Sabre has all of these listed inputs but they are useless because the ZX700 does not have the corresponding outputs for better or HD TV. Very disappointing video output. The DVD player plays the high resolution discs but outputs them as low resolution composite to the TV.
Hope this helps, Frank
This is true. I added a 40 dollar upconverting DVD player via HDMI to the TV input. The sound is output from the TV through the audio out to the Concertone. Works great and even the DW figured out how to use it.
SCORE!
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote