Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2021, 11:24 AM   #1

Connecting a cable Modem

Hi all I am new to the group and I apologize if this has already been asked..

I have a 2021 Forest River Impression 270rk and I am trying to connect a cable modem so that I can use spectrum WIFI. The technician that came out said that there is a signal to the outside park cable connector but no signal to the connectors inside the RV. Anyone else have this issue or have a solution. I need to be able to do some work from my RV and prefer not to use the parks WIFI.

Thank you in advance!!
Rogers1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:57 AM   #2
Site Team

If you have a satellite coax port on the outside of the RV use that. It's a direct run from the outside connector to the inside connector at the entertainment center. The 'Cable' connector goes through one or more splitters. Also to get cable signal out of the wallplate you have to have the antenna power injector button off.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
If you have a satellite coax port on the outside of the RV use that. It's a direct run from the outside connector to the inside connector at the entertainment center. The 'Cable' connector goes through one or more splitters. Also to get cable signal out of the wallplate you have to have the antenna power injector button off.
Thank you!!! One question where is the antenna power injector button off?
Rogers1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 12:03 PM   #4
Site Team

You should have a wall plate where the tv connects. The button will be a small button on there. It's hard to see on some plates.
Old 07-13-2021, 01:14 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to redjet
Unless you use the cable in connection the amplifier switch does not come into play. More than likely there is a splitter in the line for the satellite input. On the backside of the satellite input follow the line to the splitter. At the splitter one line will go to the bedroom and the other to the living area. Use a straight thru connector to the location you want your modem. Connect up and your ready to go. To get online you will need to call Spectrum and provide the MAC number off of the modem. If you plan on doing this often, it is best to buy your own modem and router. They don't charge for the modem but they do the router. the problem is when you discontinue service the equipment must be turned in to spectrum and letting the campground do it has proven to be a bad idea.

As described is how my satellite input was wired. I also use Spectrum and hooked up as mentioned. Where the cables come into the trailer I added a third connector and connected the odd cable not used off of the splitter to it and labeled it wifi. On this line I connect DISH TV. However, I connect the cables according to the labeling, i.e, satellite to satellite, etc. to avoid confusion.

Easy project - good luck.

2016 Cardinal 3850RL - 7/31/15
2020 Ford F150 - 3.5L EcoBoost - Lariat - 4X4
2018 Club Car - Gas - Lifted
redjet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable