Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2020, 03:53 PM   #1

Convection oven

We just bought a new forest river motor home. We have a convection oven model number MCC1311ARS. It came with no owners manual. Help leaving on trip and have no idea how to use it.
Tinastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:02 PM   #2

We bought a Forest River Sunseeker in September as well. Did you find a manual for the oven?
The convection starts beeping and stops heating but continues beeping. Do you know if it has to do with Pre-heating? The placement of the micro/convection is so low it is hard to read the buttons.
RobinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:27 PM   #3

You can find the manuals online for these appliances if you know the maker and the model.
Sorry. I don't know the solution to your problem, but our convection oven at home usually continues to beep if it's waiting for input from us. Most of them will only stay on for like 30 minutes unless you've added more time. Then it will beep til we end the cycle.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:29 PM   #4

Just google the brand and you can print off a manual, that's what I did
Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:59 PM   #5

Thanks that helps. Now I just need to play with the buttons to determine what the oven wants me to do. I would look for the model # but it’s so small it cannot be read. When I get home I’ll use a magnifying glass
RobinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:08 PM   #6

All the searching I have done I never found a manual to the microwave/convection oven.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinG View Post
Thanks that helps. Now I just need to play with the buttons to determine what the oven wants me to do. I would look for the model # but it’s so small it cannot be read. When I get home I’ll use a magnifying glass
Try taking a picture of the label with make and model with your Smartphone.

Then open picture on your screen, touch in center of picture with two fingers. Spread fingers and picture will grow larger.

I do this regularly for things too high, in confined spaces, or too low for me to get my head down. No more magnifying glasses.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:40 PM   #8

we have the convection oven in our motorhome and love it! Yes, it does beep when pre=heating temp. has been reached. You then have to open the door, put your item in, close it and tell it how many minutes you want it to go for.
I do have a manual but not sure if it is the same one as yours. (it came with the unit)
Will check to see what model ours is.
janice parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:50 PM   #9

ours is the same model - it is Magic Chef 1.3 cu. ft.
Manual is for both MCC1311ARB/MCC1311ARS
see if you can find it on Magic Chef website - if not, let me know and I will see if I can make arrangements with you to scan it or whatever works
janice parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinG View Post
We bought a Forest River Sunseeker in September as well. Did you find a manual for the oven?
The convection starts beeping and stops heating but continues beeping. Do you know if it has to do with Pre-heating? The placement of the micro/convection is so low it is hard to read the buttons.
I agree is so low its hard to read. I never found any info like can i use metal pans and treat it like a oven? I still don’t have answers to any of these questions.
Tinastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinastone View Post
I agree is so low its hard to read. I never found any info like can i use metal pans and treat it like a oven? I still don’t have answers to any of these questions.
In the convection mode, you can use metal pans and treat it like a regular oven. Usually baked goods do better if you lower the temp by 25 degrees. If you're cooking meat, it will bake for a shorter amount of time, so keep an eye on your meatloaf.
In the microwave mode, treat it like a regular microwave oven... no metal.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:54 PM   #12

What is the best way to clean said oven? Asking for a friend.
Mtnman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnman64 View Post
What is the best way to clean said oven? Asking for a friend.
The manual is here: https://mcappliance.com/media/manuals/MCD1310ST.pdf
On page 23....CARE OF YOUR MICROWAVE OVEN
1. Turn the oven off before cleaning.
2. Keep the inside of the oven clean. When food spatters or spilled liquids adhere to oven walls, wipe with a damp cloth. Mild detergent may be used if the oven gets very dirty. The use of harsh detergent orabrasives is not recommended.
3. The outside oven surface should be cleaned with soap and water, rinsed and dried with a soft cloth. To prevent damage to the operating parts
inside the oven, water should not be allowed to seep into the ventilation openings.
4. If the Control Panel becomes wet, clean with a soft, dry cloth. Do not use harsh detergents or abrasives on Control Panel.
5. If steam accumulates inside or around the outside of the oven door, wipe with a soft cloth. This may occur when the microwave oven is operated under high humidity conditions and in no way indicates malfunction of the unit.
6. It is occasionally necessary to remove the glass tray for cleaning. Wash the tray in warm sudsy water or in a dishwasher.
7. The roller guide and oven cavity floor should be cleaned regularly to avoid excessive noise. Simply wipe the bottom surface of the oven with mild detergent water or window cleaner and dry. The roller guide may be washed in mild sudsy water.

So basically dishwashing soap and water. Some recommend putting a cup of water in a dish and microwaving it for 3 minutes to soften any baked on food.
Old 12-11-2020, 07:57 AM   #14

That's not the correct manual for the microwave/convection oven. No one has found that manual yet to date. I don't think it exists.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 02:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
That's not the correct manual for the microwave/convection oven. No one has found that manual yet to date. I don't think it exists.
It might not be the correct manual, but the cleaning instructions should apply to similar ovens.
Check post above from janice parker who apparently has the correct manual.