Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2020, 11:14 AM   #1

Crusader Furnace/AC?

My wife and I recently purchased a used 2017 Prime Time Crusader 295RST and I have a question about the heating system. This will be our fifth RV in over 20 years and I have never seen a heating system do this before:
Of course, we checked out all the systems before we made the purchase and everything checked out fine. This week turned out to be rather cold so we fired up the furnace in the morning to take the chill off. Our system has an Atwood furnace, a Dometic A/C unit on the roof and a Dometic thermostat. When I clicked the thermostat on to heat, everything seemed to start up just fine. A few minutes later, I noticed cool air coming out of the ceiling vents while warm air was coming out of the floor vents, although without much air flow.

I could hear the outdoor, roof system running and it did not feel like the A/C was on, but the air was rather cool coming out of the ceiling vents. Is this now normal? This is the newest Fifth wheel we have had, but none of our other RV's have ever done this. Normally, when you turn the heater on, you get warm air blowing out of the floor vents and nothing coming out of the ceiling, A/C vents. As I mentioned, there was not a lot of air flow coming out of the floor vents, but plenty of air flow out of the ceiling vents.

When I turned the circuit breakers off for the A/C, the air flow stopped coming out of the ceiling vents, and the floor/heater vents had warm air coming out, but as mentioned, not much air flow.

Any info or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks, C & J
CraigJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:33 AM   #2
Site Team

This gets reported here 2-5 times per month. Cycle your thermostat MODE through off, Cool, heat to FAN. Then use + or - keys to cycle FAN speed from LO or HI to AU for Auto. Then your A/C fan will not run along with the furnace. Some owners like this feature so they can use the upper fan and ducts to circulate furnace warmed air.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #3

Mr. Dan, Thank you so much for such a quick reply. I love this forum

Yes, that was it!! It works great. Thanks again.

C&J
CraigJean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crusader, furnace