Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2017, 09:28 AM   #1

Direct TV sat. hook-up to Rockwood questions

I have a 2014 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite and want to use a Direct TV sat hook-up and want to ensure I'm doing things correctly. I found the original splitter behind a wall plate with one input cable and 3 output cables. Is it as simple as simply replacing that splitter with the Direct TV splitter with its power inserter attached?
Also, can anyone tell me or lead me to a schematic telling me what the black, white, gray, and orange antenna cables come from and go to?
Thanking you in advance.
dsiegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:33 AM   #2

Schematics of these rigs are almost nonexistent I can't give you a good answer on the direct TV hookup
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:38 AM   #3

I'm probably no help at all either. I also use Directv. Carry a portable dish and my Genie receiver and a couple of the wireless receivers. Just plug the dish into the satellite port on the outside and the receiver on the satellite port on the inside of the trailer. Guess mine was wired correctly.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:42 AM   #4
clr

I have carried several Directv receivers for my 5th wheels. They are not all wired the same. What model of Directv receiver are you going to use and I may be able to help you?
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:05 PM   #5

FR doesn't make anything easy

We ended up paying the local cable technician $75 to get ours to work! We were going to be in our location for four months or would never have considered it, but it just got to be such a hassle to figure out. Initially, we had to rely on the air antenna. Previous campground we also had to plug the cable in through the window because the outside connection didn't do it -- found out wiring was crossed or something!

When I start thinking camping is too much work, it is usually an issue linked to technology. Tenting may be the only stress-free camping there is! lol
bwodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:18 PM   #6

If you do not have a sat connector on the outside of the trailer, remove the antenna booster plate, find the coax that comes from the outside cable connector (assuming you have one of those) disconnect it from the booster, and run it directly to the directv receiver.
I ordered a outside connector from Furrion and installed it on the outside of the MH. I ran a separate cable up to my directv receiver hiding the cable behind the window curtain and dinette seat cushion.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood