Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2018, 01:52 PM   #1

Dish King Tailgater not working!

I have a 2019 Riverstone Legacy 38re with a factory installed Dish Network King Tailgater mounted on the roof. I have had the trailer about a month and decided to activate the service last week. I tried to go through the steps listed, but the screen that asks for your state doesn't come up. I was on the phone with the Dish Network techs for several hours over a period of two days, but to no avail. The dish on the roof does not seem to be getting any power. I swapped receivers just to check functionality, since the dish gets it's power from the receiver, but got the same results. I am trying to keep from bringing the unit back to the dealer, since that is a 2.5 to 3 hour trip one way and a vacation day used. My next step is to hook the Wally's up to a working Dish Network system and download the software and see if that helps. Does anyone out there have any other ideas? I desperately do not want to take it back to the dealer just for this!
Thanks in advance for any/all ideas and help!
teddyreb
teddyreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:06 PM   #2

Mine is just a small trailer & my dish is portable, not built in, but here's what I found. Near my TV there was a wall plate with 2 outputs, 1 for TV and one for SAT. I took off the plate & found nothing was connected to the SAT line. There were 2 cables connected to the TV hookup (one went to the Antenna). I made a guess and moved one of the 2 to the SAT connection and all is well with my dish now.
CeeWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:53 AM   #3

Thanks CeeWoo! I'll look there.

Teddy
Old 06-11-2018, 07:45 AM   #4

Update

Nothing that I tried worked with my Dish system, so I will be bringing the trailer to the dealer Thursday. I will try to remember to update this thread with what they found for future reference.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:53 PM   #5

Dish Sat update

After spending all day at the dealership, the issue with the Sat system was discovered. It was a factory installed, 18" wire running from the back of the receiver to the wall plate. Bad wire. Now we have Sat TV! Dealer took care of my other misc. items as well. Gauthier's RV in Lafayette, LA is the best!!!

Teddy