Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #81

Bob -
Just sent ya an email about my ZX600. Let's see if we can get some progress on it. : )

-Steve
Old 07-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #82
Retired US Navy Diver

Bob - local dealer let me know my new replacement Concertone arriving this week. Will drop trailer for Thursday installation. Have heard good things about this ZX800. Can't wait.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #83

Do I need Cpmcertone help? NO

Bob,
I know all you hear is the problems but I have had my ZX700 and used it last weekend with a full movie DVD for the first time. It worked flawlessly and was surprise how easy it was to get the DVD to play on the TV. Actually I had to switch the input source of the TV and nothing on the ZX700.
The happy customers are out there but we are the silent majority.

Have a great day!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:57 AM   #84
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Iggy, 39 Days camping in 2011 and first time playing a DVD. I guess you use your camper for things other than watching movies!

I have stated time and again, we want to hear the issues, continue to improve and provide a good value. Feature for feature, dollar for dollar we offer the best prices and values and our defect rates are not nearly what some people would imply.

I appreciate this forum for its feedback and support (not necessarily its nameless & faceless flamethrowers). Other manufacturers may hide behind their forum nicknames, but anyone can find Concertone and Bob Fields!

And as you well know, I even buy the drinks and supply the "Mrs Fields" cookies when at the party!

All the best my friends...
(781) 281-9440
Old 07-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #85

Bob,are you going to come to the (Tadpole Rally)? Tentcamper will give you a ride from Elkhart! Youroo!!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:34 AM   #86

New TT and concertone...

Bob,
Just wanted you to know I picked up my new TT Friday and the concertone unit works perfectly. Radio, CD, DVD and TV audio sounds good. I am completely happy with it.
Have a great day. Happy Camping all.
Daren S.
St. Joseph, MI
2011 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2304
Old 07-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #87

Bob,
We have been in the TT full time since April 15, 2010. Have used the concertone daily and have not had a problem. the surround sound is OK. The outside speakers have good sound. If the unit was to quit now I would replace with another concertone unit. Keep up the good work on this site. There are some people who you could not make happy no matter what you do or say.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #88

Hi Bob,

I have had some issues with our 2007 Salem 4022B. The model radio we have is a 400ZX. We bought this trailer new and have replaced the radio 3 times. The only cost to us was shipping, so far. We were just on vacation this past week, and all of a sudden the stereo turned on by it self, and was trying to load a CD. I could not switch the function, or turn it off, so I had to pull the fuse. The next day I put the fuse back in, and it worked fine for about 4 hours, and then tried to do the same thing. I installed this radio on December of '09. What do I have to do to get this radio replaced again? My old camper was 6 years old, and had the same radio in it. I do like the stereo when it works, but having to go through this in a year and a half is unacceptable, especially since the camper is not used for 5 months for the Wisconsin winter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin
Old 07-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #89

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
BOB is a good-------------

I know Bob is a good listener (what else would you expect from a "PING" jockey). But the sub sonarman is also a "GET-ER-DONE" fellows.

Sewer Pipe sailors rule!
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
Old 07-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #90

Must be BOB Fields birthday today.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Old 07-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Iggy, 39 Days camping in 2011 and first time playing a DVD. I guess you use your camper for things other than watching movies! ......
All the best my friends...
When I use my trailer I visit the location and sites and don't use the TV much. The only reason I played a DVD movie is the cable in the campground went out for a few days. Boring at night without any TV stuff. Oh I was visiting the Grand Canyon and stayed in Williams AZ.
Have a great summer everyone.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #92

TV replacement?

Can just the TV be replaced in the system? We want to upgrade to a larger TV screen in our 500 series.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymisk View Post
Can just the TV be replaced in the system? We want to upgrade to a larger TV screen in our 500 series.

Sure you can. It will work with any TV that has an audio output
Old 07-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #94

I would appreciate any help from you experienced folks....as I am assuming that what I may have is a fluke..

2011 Rockwood 2604. Built 9-3-10, bought 4-1-11.
Model ZX75 Concertone

Used the TT and ZX 4 times until today, and the only complaint I could have is that the speakers sound a bit "tinny" and the radio reception was poor. However the DVD and CD worked well.

I store the TT on a lot, with a power disconnect switch...

Today, I brought the unit to test some things, and while inside tried the radio for music....nada. ..... tried an MP3 CD and that worked....tried the radio again...AM/FM...nada not even static

Any ideas what may be going on???

Thanks
Old 07-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #95

toshu
So the radio has always had static?
If you get static have you tried AM as well as FM channels?
If you get neither it just may be the antenna may have come loose from behind the system panel and you may need to remove the trip and check the connection int he wall. It sould be a large round coax wire like you may have at home for your cable TV. It should have a weird plug at the end. This is a picture of the plug that comes from your antenna on the roof.
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
I would appreciate any help from you experienced folks....as I am assuming that what I may have is a fluke..

2011 Rockwood 2604. Built 9-3-10, bought 4-1-11.
Model ZX75 Concertone

Used the TT and ZX 4 times until today, and the only complaint I could have is that the speakers sound a bit "tinny" and the radio reception was poor. However the DVD and CD worked well.

I store the TT on a lot, with a power disconnect switch...

Today, I brought the unit to test some things, and while inside tried the radio for music....nada. ..... tried an MP3 CD and that worked....tried the radio again...AM/FM...nada not even static

Any ideas what may be going on???

Thanks
Yesterday I turned on the radio at a campground that I have preset stations programmed and all I got is static. I pulled out the radio and the antenna wire came loose from the roof antenna. I now have to pull of the roof antenna, fish the cable through the roof and screw the connection back on.
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #97

Iggy
My point about static was to explain that I heard absolutely no sound when I tried both the am and fm bands.
A missing antenna could be the cause although I would expect static typically....especially on am

How do you go about removing the zx75 from the wall?? Is there a tutorial somewhere??
Old 07-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
Iggy
My point about static was to explain that I heard absolutely no sound when I tried both the am and fm bands.
A missing antenna could be the cause although I would expect static typically....especially on am

How do you go about removing the zx75 from the wall?? Is there a tutorial somewhere??

Bob Fields (Concertone) may step in here soon and answer your question about removal.
If it is like other Concertone systems it should have a plastic ring around it and it pops off. Under that you will find the screws that mount it to the wall. If this is a system that is still under warrantee I suggest taking it back to the dealer.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #99

Both sides of the 75 pop off you will see 2 tiny slots on top and bottom of aide pieces, insert small screwdriver or similar to push the locks back and they slide straight off. Once off, there are to screws under each
Old 07-19-2011, 07:33 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by leencharlotte View Post
Both sides of the 75 pop off you will see 2 tiny slots on top and bottom of aide pieces, insert small screwdriver or similar to push the locks back and they slide straight off. Once off, there are to screws under each
Yep, I noticed them but did not want to pry and break anything until I asked.
Will probably be able to get to the TT next week to check things out and will report back what I find.

Thanks