Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2016, 05:56 PM   #1

Does tv sound play through irv66

We just picked up our Rockwood 2304DS last Thursday. Everything seems to be working good but we had a question. Are you supposed to be able to play the tv sound through the stereo speakers? If so is there a trick to it? We put it on the TV Audio mode but it doesn't change over. Wanted to make sure if it's even supposed to or if there is something wrong with it. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!!
kaytrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:12 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

It's probably not wired for it from the factory. But it's easy to add your own. Just pull the radio from the wall and check what inputs you have on the back then hookup the right cable between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-27-2016, 06:19 PM   #3

Well Nevermind, lol I thought we had tried every SRC but evidently not. 😳 I just chose the DOT/DCC IN and it started working.
kaytrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:28 PM   #4
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Yep as you found out. Later RD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytrimm View Post
Well Nevermind, lol I thought we had tried every SRC but evidently not. 😳 I just chose the DOT/DCC IN and it started working.
If this is what you are experiencing then the OIC (optical interface) cable is installed between the two units. For TV Audio in(SRC button) to work, the two are connected through the RCA audio output on the TV. I went down this road last year with an annoying buzz in the surround sound caused by a defective Toshiba TV that I finally convinced the dealer it was bad. They replaced it with a Furrion (has RCA out but, no OIS). So, if you have to get a new TV and it has to work with the iRV66 that's the skinny on the hookup. Good luck finding a HDTV with RCA phono plug sound output. OIS ouput is pretty standard on HDTVs out there
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:44 AM   #6
NASCAMPR

I have this same audio system in my Flagstaff 2016 just got it home. You found the correct source took me a while to find it too. The one thing I notice is if you just have radio on and set volume to 1 it is still quite load. Anyone else find that, could I be missing another setting? TV surround sound is OK. I can turn it low enough.
Sdsmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:34 PM   #7

Rockwood Ultralite 2304DS IRV66 stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytrimm View Post
We just picked up our Rockwood 2304DS last Thursday. Everything seems to be working good but we had a question. Are you supposed to be able to play the tv sound through the stereo speakers? If so is there a trick to it? We put it on the TV Audio mode but it doesn't change over. Wanted to make sure if it's even supposed to or if there is something wrong with it. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!!
Yes, you can. I called my salesman about this and he did not know. He said that I would have to speak to their service tech. That would be a hassle, so I figured it out myself. With your TV a stereo on go to the source of the stereo and choose ARC. It should play your TV through the stereo.
Wildhog3213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:57 PM   #8

Have the same problem with our new 2304KS. The manual is useless.
I used a stereo cable, 1/8 " male jacks both ends, connecting the headphones out on the tv to the auxiliary input on the irv. I scrolled through the selections to find the one that works. On the plus side, the Bluetooth connection works great for connecting the irv to the pandora app on my iPad or phone.
Denny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:39 PM   #9

I own a 2011 Rockwood 8306ss with Concertone ZX700 pre-installed as well as a Toshiba 32C100U2 that has been modded by the customer with variable RCA outputs (connected directly to TV speakers), ZX700 has connected TV audio input to AV2 port with loop isolator (without it then TV would instead make constant loud clicks). With that being setup like that I must have the TV speakers on in order for receiver speakers' sound from TV to work. ZX700 has no Optical in and HDMI out (but the GT-3.0 does in which I didn't have). After 8 years living with the ZX700 it even got worn out some panel buttons stopped working properly and got all sticky, I took apart and cleaned the inner circuit boards but that didn't help (it's not the buttons that caused the problem but be CPU button matrix is still messy/faulty) but I decided to unsolder the buttons (as well as the LEDS to save power usage) so I can save the working-fine buttons and LEDs for future projects (however my Dad got upset about making it worse it still looks fine to me).
Then finally in April 2021 I informed my Dad to order this modern Bluetooth supported upgrade to the ZX700 by iRV Technologies/QAV as the iRV 66 then came on 26th with the supplied harness converters (however he forced me to do this job tomorrow on the 27th) so I invested the ZX700 functionality once more before upgrading, now time to upgrade, took out worn-out unit, took harness adapters for ZX700 (I left crimped wires be in already) to plug in to iRV66, connected existing composite input RCA connectors from switch (formerly AV1 in ZX700, now corresponds to TV AUDIO on iRV66) as AU2 on ZX700 has XM radio connected so I moved connection to the 4th rear XM/iPod input on the A/V switch, connected optical (TOSLink shaped btw) audio cable from receiver to TV (sorry that I had to make a square hole area to make the TV mount fit real good without angle adapters and squashing cable ends, now 3 foot optical cable threads in really good through that hole) corresponds to DOT/DCC IN now gets better TV tuner audio quality from receiver speakers even with TV speakers muted, got HDMI cables connected to make DVD picture look more nicer (and has upscaling up to 1080p too!) than the ZX700 did on composite only (TV does not support HDMI ARC output). Finally the upgraded units fits perfectly like a charm, and now I can enjoy music and entertainment nice and clear again after 10 years owning this travel trailer camper.

Here is my comparison of what you get on upgrading your worn-out ZX700 with this:
+ Front panel buttons are more reliable, provided smoothly like a remote button (while they're a click type on the ZX700/GT-3.0)
+ Bluetooth audio (BT NOLINK/LINK) and remote (via app) support. No more connecting wired 3.5mm audio cable to AU1 (is now FR-AUDIO on iRV66) port form phone, now with upgraded unit, I go cable-free playing MIDIs and more music from my phone/iPod to the system (with the exception of its reversed stereo flaw though)!
+ Per-source independent volume setting (while ZX700/GT-3.0 doesn't, it remains the same level per source)
+ No more top bar stacking up animation in LCD display (it's weird to have this seen in ZX700/GT-3.0) in that case they're always not being lit
+ 3 HDMI outputs, HDMI outputs best picture quality for DVD mode, Output 3 receives ARC signal (when my TV doesn't use it)
+ Adds Front HDMI and AV (needs 3 prong 3.5mm cable to 3 RCA) input, AU2 and AV2 replaced as 2 rear HDMI inputs
+ Digital Audio input (DOT/DCC IN), I used to connect to TV's digital optical audio output
+ Switches sources/stations faster without delay (no more pauses than on the ZX700/GT-3.0, I think the sources should be already preloaded into RAM)
+ All other 2.0 audio sources now have center speaker sounding
+ Hopefully better FM radio signal reception
+ You don't get the DVD drive automatically ejecting itself with no disc when first powering on since supplying power to it
- Lacks WB (a.k.a. PSB?) Weather Band, which was useful for listening to weather report stations that was on the ZX700/GT-3.0
- Some buttons on the included remote (such as Display/Root Menu, now instead is a Title Menu button) that were on the ZX700 were omitted, I even used the ZX700 remote with it and its button assignments/codes were mixed up (such as Input being the Power button and Right Arrow being VOL -). I will program a JP1 remote (using EFCs) to find out the button functions not from the included remote will have function.
- Ejecting media (disc/USB/SD) will always switch back to AM/FM as it doesn't remember the last source being used unlike the ZX700/GT-3.0
* Speaker zones are now labeled as 1, 2, and 3 (while ZX700/GT-3.0 uses A, B, and C)
| Different shaped remote (simpler, without learning functionality unlike the ZX700 one)
| 3 rear inputs (2 video, 1 audio) on ZX700 have been narrowed down to a single rear A/V input that corresponds to TV AUDIO (likely to make up less room for the cables)
| Select knob in FM/AM mode is flawed making turning it either direction always goes down, so using FF/REW for changing station is only reliable

Key:
+ = Pro
- = Con
* = Design change
| = Limited feature

Finally again, TV audio input when a TV doesn't support HDMI ARC is in DOT/DCC IN
Devanwolf is offline   Reply With Quote