Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2016, 08:50 PM   #1

Dometic 1350MIM No Ice

We are preparing for our first trip and we can't get our ice maker to work. This is the first time it has been used, since we purchased it. I have plugged in both the refridge and the ice maker, it is running on shore power (Our house Current) we removed the panel under the refridge and pulled out the white plug. Put down the lever and no ice we waited at least 1-2 hrs - nothing. I did notice on the back of the fridge - outside that there was a little water in the clear plastic tube going into the cellinoid. but the line going out is Copper that feeds the ice maker. In the clear white tube you can also see many water bubbles.
Steveanddianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:06 PM   #2
Citrus County, Fl.

Get a good nights rest and check it tomorrow. The RV ice makers are pretty slow to start making ice. I usually turn mine on 24 hours before we leave.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveanddianne View Post
We are preparing for our first trip and we can't get our ice maker to work. This is the first time it has been used, since we purchased it. I have plugged in both the refridge and the ice maker, it is running on shore power (Our house Current) we removed the panel under the refridge and pulled out the white plug. Put down the lever and no ice we waited at least 1-2 hrs - nothing. I did notice on the back of the fridge - outside that there was a little water in the clear plastic tube going into the cellinoid. but the line going out is Copper that feeds the ice maker. In the clear white tube you can also see many water bubbles.

Boy it sure sounds like the water supply (poppet) valve was never opened. In a 1350 it's usually located in the exterior access panel with the Louvered cover, but can be remote mounted. Mine would fill the storage bin in 4-5 hours.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:06 AM   #4

Dometic ice maker

your right it took about 24 hours but there are a few cubes in the bin this am. When I talked to Dometic they said it will cycle in 15-20 minutes that why I though it would fill with water within a hour. Thanks for your responses
Steveanddianne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic