Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2021, 10:53 AM   #1

Dometic 2652 Issue - On AC, only freezer works, on LP both do

Hello all,

I've got an issue that I'm hoping someone else has some experience with. I haven't had a chance to do a full diagnostic workover on the fridge yet, but there are some questions I can answer.

We have a Dometic 2652 2-way Auto fridge in our unit. Up until this year, the fridge and freezer have worked fine - in fact get extremely cold - on both AC and propane. However, on a recent trip using AC only the freezer would get cold. We gave it sufficient time to cool the fridge as well, but only the freezer remained cold.

The thermistor is attached to the fin in the fridge and is in the correct location.

Switched it over to LP - both cooled, and quickly.

So far, I have tested the outlet in the rear access panel and can confirm that the outlet is producing the appropriate AC voltage based on what was coming from the campground's panel (just slightly under 120v). I could not go further just based on time.

My next steps are going to be to test the fuses, and check for AC at the output on the board, as well as testing the resistance on the heating element, but doesn't the heating element work for both the fridge and freezer? This is why I'm confused - on AC, one works but not the other.

Also - no ammonia smells, leaks, etc... as the the whole appliance works fine on LP gas. I cannot seem to find any info on Google about this particular issue.

Thanks!
Kevin
KevinKPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic