Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2014, 11:32 PM   #1

Dometic 4 door fridge with ice maker

OK, I have tried everything that I can think of to get this thing to make ice cubes. The freezer works great, actually measured it to 5 degrees F yesterday. However, I cannot find anywhere on the outside after removing the panel to see where there may be a water shutoff valve. If anyone out there has a 3010 DS with the Dometic double fridge with ice maker and can take a picture of where their shutoff valve is located I would appreciate it.

And yes before anyone posts the bar is in the down position.... :-)

Owners manual does me no good since it just mentions a shutoff valve but no picture of where it might be located.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave
Old 04-28-2014, 08:04 AM   #2

Typically in the outside access panel area locate the 1/4 inch water tubing and there will be a push/pull shutoff type valve (white in color) inserted in that tubing. It will be in line before the solonoid that controls the water flow to your fridge. Can't remember if push/pull to open/close but on top of the valve push/pull disk is instructions for that. If your fridge has the door fresh water access and it dispenses water continuously the valve position is not the problem. I think this is correct for your unit.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Typically in the outside access panel area locate the 1/4 inch water tubing and there will be a push/pull shutoff type valve (white in color) inserted in that tubing. It will be in line before the solonoid that controls the water flow to your fridge. Can't remember if push/pull to open/close but on top of the valve push/pull disk is instructions for that. If your fridge has the door fresh water access and it dispenses water continuously the valve position is not the problem. I think this is correct for your unit.
Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find the valve. I don't have a water dispenser so hopefully it is a simple valve issue. The unit is brand new thus under warranty but I hope not to have to go that route.

I appreciate the response and will update this post if I can find the valve.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #4

on my 2013 3010 DS the water shut off for the ice maker is access from the bottom drawer on the left side of the frigerator
jfortin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfortin View Post
on my 2013 3010 DS the water shut off for the ice maker is access from the bottom drawer on the left side of the frigerator
Thanks! After much frustration and calling the dealer he went out and looked at one on their lot just like ours and low and behold the push/pull water shutoff is located behind the drawer under the stove! Go figure FR would make it easy to get to (he said sarcastically!).

Now for the kicker! Since the ice maker still doesn't work and after looking at the manual and schematic I found that the power cord for the ice maker is not plugged in! The electric cord for the fridge is plugged into the available outlet but no luck finding the end of the electric cord for the ice maker. I know what cord it is but it is wrapped around things and it is so tight up there behind the fridge that my big hands can't get up there.

One would think that the dealer who prepped the RV would have made sure that everything worked prior to delivery. My bad for not forcing the issue but who at the factory made the decision to hide it in the first place?

Anyway, thanks to all who responded to my post! I knew I could count on fellow FR owners!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #6

So after a trip to the dealer 2 hours and 80 miles away it is now fixed and working as advertised. I told the service guy that if I had to make the drive down there that someone was going to pay for my gas! I must say that he was very understanding of the situation, and offered to fill up my tank. Since it was at 1/2 when I got there it cost them a few bucks but that is customer service and I appreciate it.

Turns out the tech had to essentially "uninstall" the fridge from the inside in order to move it a few inches and was then able to gain access to the ice maker power cord. He told me that it was just out of reach from the outside and was wrapped around one of the coils so there was no way that I could have fixed this myself.

On another note I mentioned to the tech that whenever I attempted to fill up the fresh water tank I had as much water coming out of the opening as was going in. He took a look at the inlet line and told me that he was able to reroute it due to a bit of a kink in it so now it works as it should.

I guess my main issue is why doesn't the FR factory make sure these things work prior to shipping the unit?

Other than these issues we love the RV and even more now that all works as it should!

Tags
dometic, door, fridge