Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2021, 01:25 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 26
Dometic A/C fan will not turn on

When I exercise my generator, I run the a/c; on Aug 8th this ran and cooled perfectly.

Yesterday went out to exercise generator as usual and NO fan, NO a/c !!?? In fact after a minute or two the generator actually turned off. Did a couple of times with same result. Turned off generator and plugged motorhome into 39 amp shore power ... still the fan will not run!

What can I try before calling service tech. Checked breaker and it was not tripped. There are no fuses labeled "fan" that I could find.

Laura
2015 FR Sunseeker 2250
wolfmoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 02:00 PM   #2
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 21,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmoms View Post
When I exercise my generator, I run the a/c; on Aug 8th this ran and cooled perfectly.

Yesterday went out to exercise generator as usual and NO fan, NO a/c !!?? In fact after a minute or two the generator actually turned off. Did a couple of times with same result. Turned off generator and plugged motorhome into 39 amp shore power ... still the fan will not run!

What can I try before calling service tech. Checked breaker and it was not tripped. There are no fuses labeled "fan" that I could find.

Laura
2015 FR Sunseeker 2250
You have 39 amp shore power? Havenít heard of that.
Whatís the charge level of your battery? Thermostat needs 12vDC power to operate the A/C.
__________________
2015 FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78/'24 = 41; Booked for 2024 = 55
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 02:05 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
You have 39 amp shore power? Havenít heard of that.
Whatís the charge level of your battery? Thermostat needs 12vDC power to operate the A/C.
Sorry saw typo after hitting send.

30 amp

My bad batteries were at very low water levels and the read-out was 12.1 .... maybe I should leave on shore power for a few day to recoup batteries first?
__________________
_____
Laura & Ziggi (cattle dog)
2015 Sunseeker 2250S
2015 FIAT 500 Pop
2015 = 45 nights, 2016 = 28 nights, 2017 = 48 nights
2018 = 51 nights
wolfmoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 09:45 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmoms View Post
Sorry saw typo after hitting send.

30 amp

My bad batteries were at very low water levels and the read-out was 12.1 .... maybe I should leave on shore power for a few day to recoup batteries first?

But, on shore power you should have enough voltage to run the thermostat. I wonder if there is an issue with your converter. On shore power do the lights work? If not, that would indicate an issue with your 12v system.
phipps33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dometic, fan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.