Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2020, 06:20 AM   #1

Dometic AC knob stops

The problem is that the knob stops on the left knob which is the fan control have been broke since I purchased the camper used. This is the 30 amp unit in the bedroom which is controlled only by the two knobs in the roof unit. I have used the unit several Times, but apparently have turned the knob around so many times because of the nonexistent knob stops that it no longer works. I can no longer get the compressor to come on or get the unit to turn off (so have to turn it off at the breaker). I am guessing that I will need to replace the knob control assembly or something like that and curious how big of a job that is. The knob stops still work on the right knob which controls the temperature.
tompetty69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:52 AM   #2
Site Team

I don't know if you can buy just the rotary switch, but you can buy the whole ADB (Air Distribution Box) and it's pretty easy to change out.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:57 AM   #3
Site Team

Well it appears that you can buy just the switch. Check to make sure yours matches this one.

Here's one from Dyers. Dometic A/C Rotary Switch

Tags
dometic