Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2016, 09:47 AM   #1

dometic ac trouble ?

The air coming from the ac duct is only about 65 degrees and it is not cooling our 5th wheel on a warm day . We did not have that problem in past years. I am hoping someone can tell me what the temp should be coming out of the vent. I have a 2014 crusader 295. The filters have been cleaned and everything else seems to check out ok . Thanks for your help !
jeffscuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:12 AM   #2
Site Team

The A/C should be able to maintain a delta Temp of about 15ºF between the intake and return air. If it's doing that, then it's performing as designed.

Outside temp, humidity, shade, etc. has a lot of bearing on how much heat the RV will gain during the day and unless it's exactly the same in past years the A/C will perform differently.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:24 AM   #3

15-20 deg delta T would be acceptable.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:56 PM   #4

Had same problem, we were icing ours up, pull filter down and see if fins are full of ice. If so, turn to fan only for 30 minutes. We can't use the high speed on cool or it ices up. Low or medium works fine, but mine is Also 14 years Older Than yours, i Would assume they would Have fixed this issue by now.
keeko785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 04:04 PM   #5
Site Team

If the coils are icing up, the freeze coil is probably not attached to the fins properly.

It's a small circular device about the size of a stack of quarters. It's supposed to be clipped to the bottom of the evaporator fins, about the center. Look to see if it's just laying loose once you pull the filter grill off
Old 06-23-2016, 06:13 PM   #6

When was the last time condenser was clean out.
Tball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:46 PM   #7

Can you tell me the model of your a/c? (Should be in the owners manual).
Did you get it resolved?
I am having the same problem - but no cool air - and has to be replaced.

Thanks in advance
Bill
MuddaFadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:51 AM   #8

The model number is 541416A701C0 . I called dometic and told them about my problem. They said I should have it look at by an authorized service dealer. They told me they will cover the parts and shipping but not the labor to have it repaired. After taking the trailer to my local dealer they called to tell me they are going to replace the air conditioner but I will have to pay 4 to 6 hours labor to have it installed. The replacement is mounted differently than the original unit. This is why the additional labor for installation . The air conditioner is 3 years old and out of warranty . I am grateful to Dometic for helping me with my problem when they were not obligated to. I am waiting to hear from the dealer to tell me I can pick up the trailer.
jeffscuda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic